Mr Chutney - RIP

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziedog said:
Hi there Mrs C.
I read of this somewhere else and am personally very glad that you’ve popped on here to let us know what’s happened and how you are making progress yourself. My condolences are indeed added to the ones above with much sadness.
I am also aware that this is an on going restoration and support and advise is always available here on this forum and as I logged in today, I just knew that would already be the case with the above members ^^^ proving me right. After the resto is completed, Pedro (and yourself) are more than welcome at any Earlybay events and there will always be a space for you around our camp fires too, if you can put up with rubbishy music :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, and the camper chicks have always been fun to bump into. :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, everyone has indeed been full of kindness and I'm beyond grateful.

I look forward to joining you :)

Waspman said:
Hi, A few years ago I was in almost exactly the same situation as yourself when my wife died and I can fully empathise with you. I certainly add my thoughts and condolences to everyone else's.

For what it is worth, I think finishing Pedro and using him is the way to go. We got Bluebell out and started camping in her as we knew that is what Caroline would have wanted. I am afraid as far as advice goes, I am hopeless, but I know you are in good hands with everyone here (even though I haven't actually met anyone...hopefully we can put that straight next year or in Brighton). The only thing I really remember about Bluebell's restoration was slow and carefully pays off in the end, especially with the welding.

I think we would all love to know your progress with Pedro, and I can't imagine being bored at all.

Take care of yourself and hopefully we will all see you out and about in Pedro when he is ready.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm so sorry you've been dealt this cruelest of hands.
Have fun at Brighton :)

Katieriz said:
Hi Mrs C, really sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm new to early bays myself so don't have a huge amount of advice to give, however my mum was in a similar situation with her T5 van Gino last year after my dad passed away unexpectedly. Admittedly no restoration to handle, but she'd never really been in "charge" of Gino up until that point (or driven him!) She's managed to get out for a few trips and found it challenging but ultimately to get away and have peace and quiet for a few days at a time has been a real blessing. If you'd like I can find out some of the groups she's got involved in, I'm fairly certain a few are national.

Hi, thanks for your message. I'm glad to hear your Mum has found her confidence with Gino. I look forward to the time when I can get away on my own with some confidence in myself and Pedro. Maybe I should buy a big dog! ;-)
Thank you for sharing your Mum's story, if you could let me know of any groups, I'd be glad to check them out.

So it looks like I'm now Mrs Chutney :) I guess I have Clem to thank for that.

Thank you for changing it over for me ... and so quickly too.

I'm starting to feel very much at home
:)

ozziedog said:
Hi there Mrs C.
I read of this somewhere else and am personally very glad that you’ve popped on here to let us know what’s happened and how you are making progress yourself. My condolences are indeed added to the ones above with much sadness.
I am also aware that this is an on going restoration and support and advise is always available here on this forum and as I logged in today, I just knew that would already be the case with the above members ^^^ proving me right. After the resto is completed, Pedro (and yourself) are more than welcome at any Earlybay events and there will always be a space for you around our camp fires too, if you can put up with rubbishy music :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, and the camper chicks have always been fun to bump into. :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, everyone has been very kind and the supportive comments has bolstered my confidence.
I'll keep an eye open for the early bay events next year.

Sending love and hugs, we are always here, im only ove rthe bridge in bristoil if you need anything xx RIP xx