Mr Oldbug's UK trip

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroldbug

Reaction score
This is probably not much of an "event" for anyone but my son and myself...but I figured I would throw it out there...

I don't know if my user name spells it clearly enough introduction wise, but I'm Randy Carlson, from California, I run the Oldbug.com website, write for Hot VWs, have built quite a few VWs in my day, etc.

My 12 year old son and I have an adventure ahead! Our 68 Bay is on it's way across the sea and should be landing August 20th...a few days to clear customs, etc and on the 28th we land to go collect it.

The plan as it is now is to grab the Bus and head to VW Action for the weekend...then do a little sight seeing, bound around for the week and head to Busfest in Malvern...then more bounding about, go to Goodwood the next Sunday , and then catch a plane home.

The mid week spaces are open for whatever...I have some friends in London to visit ( and want to show my boy the sights ) also some friends in Essex to visit ( they are going to Goodwood as well )

Other things that need to be handled while there is the hopeful sale of our Bay, the purchase of a cheap little runabout car ( that my wife will be using later in the year when she comes for school ).

I'm all for the adventure of it...don't want to plan too much, would love to meet up with other VW nuts, eat some good food, tip a pint or two...have my son meet some other kids, crash on a couch here and there, camp out for a night or two ... Just see where life leads us on the trip and enjoy the ride.

Open to all tips on things to see, offers to meet up, caravans to events...whatever!

I plan to write an article on the trip for Hot Vws...will probably blog a bit too.

Anyone have any ideas for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts