My '72 crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liking the van - oh and welcome.

What other plans have you got instore :D

'72 Devon crossovers. There's a theme, and possibly an exclusive sub-cult developing here. (Waddya reckon J+M?) And, most importantly, welcome to you and your bus.

willi76 said:
You binned he CB radio :shock: :lol:
Looking good 8)

Yeah it had to go, I dont mind retro but 80's retro is so 90's :lol:
I suppose I could have e-bayed it along with the seat covers haha!

As my signature says... '72 Crossovers are something special IMHO!!!
All in all, quite rare buses these days - they've got a lot going for them too... Low front lights, big badge up front, disk brakes etc...

;)

Its been quite a while since I updated this post, I have done bits and pieces to it but she's not far off of being back on the road now. Basically Ive put the new engine in (shiny :eek: ) but one of the terminals on the dynamo 'fell in' to the unit, so this now has to come out and the spare dynamo needs fitting, 3 hours work! :x .
I also sourced a genuine replacement interior (Devon) on e-bay (my saviour!) which i picked up for £72, not bad eh? I have tweaked it a bit to suit my needs such as replacing the coolbox with a 12v mini fridge unit, its quite small but will hold milk, butter etc. I also replaced the stock table with a surfboard type table fabricated from a skimboard bought whilst down in Newquay on my stag weekend. I also put in the new curtains and cushions (fabric found in the United States online)which sport a musical notes pattern and I think they look pretty cool! I now need to re-carpet the rear again and cover the seat cushions with new fabric as these are currently covered over with a throw. ! Anyway enough of my babbling, here are a few more pics, the photo's at the beginning of the post show my attempt at a homemade devon interior, and the last posting shows the replacement. Pics also show the 'missing' dynamo terminal and engine fitted, although I cant see how the missing piece of tinware fits in (old engine tin was all fine).

New engine
22082007029.jpg

22082007030.jpg

22082007032.jpg

New replacement interior
22082007034.jpg

22082007026.jpg

22082007035.jpg

Let me know what you reckon to it!

Another devon! nice. and i love the funky roofrack, welcome to the Partaaay! 8)

looking good mate, love the board table 8)

Latest posts