my 72 dormobile as it stands

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hopefully this pic has worked, this is the drivers side view. having issues getting pics up. Anyway the van has been totally gutted it has had all 4 jack points the pan 6 inches all around plus both rear quarters rplaced. the front has still to be replaced. Gutters have been done as has the dormy roof. waiting to go on are the following

new bellows
new roof lining
new bunks
new seat belts
refurbished seats front and rear
new kitchen unit new buddy seat
new tail gate
new table
still to look at mechanical side
DSCF2960.jpg

DSCF2958.jpg

DSCF2957.jpg

as more pics come up i will put them on here.

DSCF2950.jpg

Put the [I M G] [/I M G] tags either side of the link ;)

Sounds like you are having fun - make sure you get more pics up soon :mrgreen:

well there has been no progress for past 3 weeks, :evil: i have been working and my bud, who to be fare is doing 90% of the work is ill. I have bought a new roof lining and i have decided on Cosmic wheels in mat black. The kitchen Unit is finished (pics to follow) gutters have been sanded back, amazing how much damage a bit of old paint can hide. cant see this being ready until next spring now. Pisser as i was hoping the first run out would be the Porthcawl Crawl. Bit of an oil leak on the engine, so when it comes out i will see what i can do about that. ALL GOOD FUN A :shock:

Nice looking cupboards - you are right about the correct knobs to finish it off :D

up date on the work done on the van. just one side and the front to go :D
DSCF2987.jpg

DSCF2986.jpg

DSCF2985.jpg

DSCF2984.jpg

DSCF2982.jpg

DSCF2981.jpg

DSCF2980.jpg

DSCF2978.jpg

DSCF2977.jpg

waiting for some metal from VW Heritage and we go again. nearly two years to get to where it is and as we all know i have spent double than my estimated initial spend. Engine out next week to be stripped and leaks sorted etc. Getting camper fatigue now. :D need an end but cant see it. hopefully next spring will see it on the road with me behind the wheel with a big smile

Planning on going for this fuel line -->HERE<-- Haven't got round to getting any yet so can't comment from experience but looks to be the good stuff and VolksBolts don't usually sell cr*p

DSCF3311.jpg

DSCF3312.jpg

DSCF3334-1.jpg

loads more to do. Front coming off soon, had a few problems with crap jobs done prior to my ownership. Seem to be constantly cutting metal out and replacing it.

Latest posts