My Bay!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Centerlines were from MWS

The start of the suspension upgrade...
4 inch narrowed beam
dropped spindles
lowered shocks
adjustable springplates

yee ha!
adam.gif

I just spoke to Paul from T2D and it will be ready soon!! excellent!!

Now my plans for the engine, just something to allow me to cruise at 65mph with a bit more ease. I think I'll get the engine from the US. Anyone have any experience of this?

MWS, right, I'll check 'em out. Do you rate the quality? I've heard various reports about some of their stuff that's all. I guess you've had no probs with the wheels rubbing on the arches and stuff?

Keep up the good work, it's lookin' great, a credit to y'

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

They took forever to arrive but they did warn me as they had to order them specially I think. The quality is great. I don't have any rubbing problems and my van was quite low before the work on the suspension.

They do very slightly widen the track (slightly less than BRM's) so if you are low at the front a small tyre size is probably recomended (55 profile).

I have some nearly new ones actually they are 185/55 R15!

->Adam

MWS in the usa?

you can buy thier wheels at cip1.com, i ordered a set of MWS sprintstar replicas 5 lug from cip and they arrived from the US in 3 days. the quality is excellent, i was very pleased at the price too.

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1935

i think their flat 4 enkei's are class...
nicon_drool.gif

Its taking shape!! Nice and low, but with good clearance and suspension. I'll be glad the old turned beam has gone.
T2D have been great so far. Plus it is great to see your pictures on there blog so you can see the progress of the work.

t2d1.gif

Very very pleased, and also with T2D. they have been great.

I'll post more pics up.

Front: T2D 4 inch narrowed link pin beam, with adjusters and 3.5 inch dropped spindles. Chassis slightly notched so the arms don't hit.

Back: as per normal lowering and adjustable spring plates

In terms of cost, I had a few quotes and its not cheap but also reasonable for the amount of work being carried out. I spoke to lots of people and a friend who I had just sold my split too got chatting to Paul at VW Action from T2D. He seemed the most willing and friendly person, and was very helpful and didn't BS about anything.

Adamski - one mean looking ride you have now 8)

Any other plans apart from the engine :?:

Adam van looks well cool son , went to T2d on saturday and Puppy was saying a bay was coming in ,would have hung around if i`d known it was you ! interested in what it cost youy mate PM me if you wanna keep it quiet :wink:

The main thing is just to get the van going safely at about 65 mph on the motorway, which will maybe be a rebuild of the engine or as my wife works for an airline, I might get one from the states.

I have a few other little things to tidy up, but that is about it. I'll put picks of my playstation installation up soon too!

Any I'm not sure if I should put in a Nice wooden Alfa steering wheel I have. It is 15'' so would look really nice.

So now it is low and has the new suspension set-up. A nice ride with the suspension travel improved due to the dropped spindles.

Unfortunatly the front overiders are going to have to go for the time being as the bumper spacers need to come off.

I'll have to have a think how to sort this out. I am actually quite looking forward to a cleaner front. I'll leave the back ones on so people will still look at the back and think it is a split (nearly!).

See you at the Ace Cafe on Saturday!

bus_lowered_like_crazy.gif

Here are a couple of new pics which show the work in slightly better light...

So now all I have to do is sort out the engine (and the front bumper)

P1010586.jpg

P1010585.jpg

and the new screens to show the PS2 or DVD's

P1010588.jpg

Latest posts