My not so New Camper!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This leads us to the week just passed. Me and the misses both wanted to have week away and fancied somewhere down south. We decided on Devon and the Hidden Valley campsite. As you probally know the weather last week in that area was excellent so much so I don't think I saw a cloud all week. It was like being abroad. Madness - in a great way!!!! We took bikes as we were planning on riding the tarka trail but on the first day we decided to bike to Woolacombe. For anyone not aware, there are 2 'main' roads into the town. We came in via Challacombe Hill. This road has an incline/decline of 25%. The disc brakes on my bike were smoking at the bottom. It was crazy. Of course once you are down you have to go back up!! We ending up pushing the bikes a lot of the way up the hill on the way out (we went the other way on the way back). Living in South Lincs, hills are not familiar to us!! :)

Anyway, we would recommend the site, nice and quiet and because of the layout and trees you only see a few caravans at anytime so has a nice atmosphere. Nice hot showers and heated floors! The wardens and owners were really good and helpfull. Also a good point was the bus stop right outside the site. Uses the route 21 and the bus runs from Barnstaple to Illfracombe at least twice an hour up until after 23:30 everyday. Really good if you want to go out in the evening and not worry about driving.

Was stunned that every other vehicle on the roads in the area was a T4 or 5. Did see a few other bays on the roads which is always good to see.

We were able to use the annex on the awning for the 1st time which worked really well and gave us a lot more room. Also tried out the drive away 'feature' for the first time and after a couple of goes worked out well. Just a bit of a pain to disconnect/reconnect everything - but it beats cycling up them hills!!!!!

The Set Up

The Bus at Illfracombe Harbour

Woolacombe

Entrance to the Site

Yeah!!! :lol:

Next up is to fit the propex, sort the new engine lid, electric window washer, MOT and tidy up a couple of interior bits. Then onto the next adventure!

Very very nice bus dude
Loving the stance too. Very 8)

Quick question,did you remove the the filler from the rear corner with a wire wheel?
And how did you pull it out?
My 68 has a fillered rear corner.:(

Matt

Cheers Paul.

dubbedup67 - I kind of got a bit carried away with the wire wheel as I wanted to see how much filler was in the hole. After a bit I could chisel it off and it came off in lumps!!!! :lol: It was better that way as the dust when I used the wire wheel was a little bit mental!! I pulled it out buy tacking on some washers and using a slide hammer lightly pull the dent out. Surprising how little you need to 'hammer' before it has pulled out.

Latest posts