New Bra thread - pics wanted, no double D,s please.........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
want some pics of Bus Bras/Bibs

especially of them off the bus so i how they fix, and internal shots of where they strap in or velcro in dependant on where their from

still trying to decide whats best, vunderbra or spirit of the 50s

no lacy bra shots please.....lol

There are a few differences between the two options

spirit of the 50's
Goes right up to the window with cutouts for your wiper spindles
Two vinyl covered metal tabs at each side (bottom and middle) that bend round the front panel to hold it in place
Webbing strap at the top that goes into the van stretched across the dash board
Lined on the inside

Vunderbra
Doesn't go right upto windscreen - stops just below wiper spindles
Three vinyl covered metal tabs at each side
Not lined on the inside

I think that's all correct but correct me if i'm wrong............ i'm basing it on my spirit one and my mates vunderbra

To me that means the 'spirit' one gives better coverage and is more secure (less easy to steal) but both the wiper cut outs and the webbing strap means it's more of a pain to put on/take off than the volksheaven version.

You pays your money and takes your choice, personally i've got a 'spirit' one in colours to match the van :D

Be aware that if you go for colours rather than B+W the price goes up, as it does if you go for smaller checks. Mine came in at about £180 i think

Bluebird customs do them for £99.

http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/exterior.htm

bra.jpg

VW Heritage: AC8986536 Bra kit, Type 2, 68-72 Call for price.

Big boys toys do one for £85. - http://www.bigboystoys-uk.com/

I would worry about damaging the new paint underneath

and what happens when it gets very wet like this time of year, would you end up with Micro blisters due to the front being constantly wet ??

anyone know the answers ?

it garaged when not used, bras for long journeys really, so wont be on permanantly, wil remove it as much as poss, when not driving it

true, should be only used for long journeys, what about rubbing against the front panel which is one of my other worries

don't fancy stone chips either :roll:

Mine doesn't rub as is fits nice and snug. I don't know what brand it is but it works a treat.
It has the elastic across the top and bottom and tabs up the side. Takes a bit of fiddling to get it on, but then it stays in place. I only put it on for the long hauls. The rain doesn't seem to get far down and doesn't have any ill effects when I take it off. I drove through a locust plague in Western Australia before Christams and it paid for itself that day I think. The dead locusts are a lot easier to get off the bra than the front panel.
R0013586.jpg

My Vunderbra is held in place by 8 tabs that are aly coated with vinyl that bend around the front panel, so when streteched across the fron they hold fast. Works really well and doesn`t rub and ruin paint etc.

The only problem with them is that 2 have broken so will have to redo the metal. I have had it for about 5 years though. :D

These are Vunderbras fitted in these pics

OVCLloyds.jpg

OVCBristol1.jpg

8)

I would go for a Colgan Custom one, as they are awesome quality and will have the correct wiper cut outs for a LHD bus. I bought one a year or so mack and with shipping it worked out around £55 from Mid America Motorworks in the states check out http://www.colgancustom.com

Latest posts