New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Early Bay Folks

I've owned a few vdubs in my time but recently bought my first Early Bay so thought I'd best say hello :D

Its a 1971 SO-69 Westy bought in Oregon in October. Its had 3 previous owners but they've all looked after her really well as the file full of receipts that came with it testify ;)

Its a bit tatty with a hand brushed paint job over the original paint but importantly solid as a rock and everything works 8)

I drove it 2200 miles from oregon to LA over a 2 week period in October without any problems whatsoever and dropped it at the shippers.

Its due to land in the UK anyday with the plan to tidy it up a bit and use it at the shows next summer.

Here she is......

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

vwvan2.jpg

Hope to see you around soon :D

I know I`ve just got home from a long hard week at work :roll: but it took me a while to get the name sabus, bloody obvious I suppose to everybody else :mrgreen: So welcome S.A. Bus and I sure hope I got it right in the end though :lol: Chuck a few more piccys up,, the more the merrier :D
So the U K State is almost there on the pics as well and Yachty (sounds dead posh) looks like you have a nice contender there with that Westy :mrgreen: So a big big welcome to one and all and keep posting pictures as it keeps me so amused as I can only manage it sometimes :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,I only said that to make you feel better :lol: :shock: :lol:

To paint or not to paint.......!
If the better half has her way she wants it all shiney but I disagree. (quietly of course, I know my place !!)
Van013.jpg

Van002.jpg

Hey!

Reckon a proper machine buff and polish, and the OG paint will gleam like a new one, but retain all the patina that only 40 years will have. If the paint isn't original, paint it anyway!

Cheers,

Alistair

Being a member here just to see the updates and reading trough the technical questions for about a year now, and since my Early finally is roadworthy (passed the Technical Control and imported and registered here in Belgium), it's time to introduce myself.

I'm a 26 year old old-timer enthusiast, trying to do as much as I can on my own to get and keep my cars running and in perfect technical condition. All my oldies are technically brand new, the exterior a bit ratty and untouched.

It all started with a beige Opel Ascona A from 1972, pushed out of an old shed, left there mid 80s, the engine was stuck and it needed some attention. I was 18, it was my second car but soon replaced my daily for about 2 years, until the gasoline prices were about as high as the diesel is now :)

A VW Golf Mk2 16d became my new daily, still drive it as low as possible on coil overs.

After some time spend searching the web for a new project, influenced by some friends with aircooled vw's, I started looking for a T2a pickup, a beige one (I love beige). I found one in Germany in the state I wanted, the color I wanted and pretty cheap, without engine and some small parts missing. But enough talk, some pictures from last week...

4zvleb.png

wi242x.png

Hello - 43 year old man who's kids are both out of college so I have some money to spend on myself. Have wanted a bay for some time but only properly started looking 10 months ago. Have had a look at 5-6 vans that were in my price range and didn't need major works but for one reason or another they all slipped out of my grasp. However, off to look at another van tomorrow so it may be the day and I thought i'd register and join the community.

Hello early bay lovers!

I´m Daniel (50 split on most forums) and I really like early bay´s.

I have some bay, and like the 67-68 bay most.
I have split buses, beetles also. I like to travel to meetings and swap´s.
This summer i did a trip in my -65 mayonnaise fridgebus. 4000km in 11 days. the trip was to BBT (Belgium) Bad Camberg (Germany) and Wolfsburg.
dsc_0002.jpg

I have one of the earliest 67 bay around, the 000399. A blue singlecab. I also have a blue -68 crewcab, blue -68 klein, white -68 klein, white -68 crewcab (shorty), red -70 crewcab, 70 military kombi, -71 yellow klein, 72 - military crewcab, 72 red/white deluxe, -72 panel,

I don´t drive all of them, and most need some/much TLC.

I live in the north of sweden, not far from arctic circle. Here the cars do not rust much.

The -67 as it have been sitting to yesterday:
dsc_0012.jpg

My blue 68 klein:

68-buss.jpg

The blue crewcab:
dsc_0080.jpg

Now:
dsc_0005.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg
Just wanted to say Hi and post a pic of my 68 California Delux Microbus that arrived at the docks on Friday, my hobby is importing these from the US so if anyone is looking for a project early bay or Westy I have several. Clive.

Hi all...as you can see i'm new to the forum and i'm new to air-cooled vw's ....very excited to now finally have some money to get an early bay .....

I can see it's a mine field out there when buying a bus ,so any help will be greatfully received :D

Solid MOT'd bus would be great with a pop top 8)

clive said:
DSCF1008.jpg
Just wanted to say Hi and post a pic of my 68 California Delux Microbus that arrived at the docks on Friday, my hobby is importing these from the US so if anyone is looking for a project early bay or Westy I have several. Clive.
nice bus dude could be my buses long lost twin brother

john the horse

Hello again , been a member on here for about a year??
But not been on much as I bought a splitty, but I'm now thinkin of sellin that n goin back to the ways of the bay :lol:

040.jpg

My bay which I sold with my rapido folding camper.

034-8.jpg

The wife's GTi.

021-13.jpg

006-21.jpg

002-19.jpg

And my splitty which I'm thinkin of sellin or swappin or taking a part ex on ???????
:? :?

Hope you all enjoy the pics!!!! :D

Now then matey :)

Sorry the splitty isnt doing it for you n kat :(

Get it sold and get banty or taypic to sort you some new wheels...... Or you can buy mine if you like :lol: :lol:

Yep proper shame as we've put a lot of work into it, but it's just not for us :(

Goin to sell it next year at the shows n get somethin else next winter unless a get offered a crackin deal noo!!! ;)

Welcome!

Some lovely buses in here - definately buff it howie then take a view!

Also love the Mk4 GTI 8) - and thought that WAS John the horses van :D

Also....how many early's do you own in sweden? :shock: - fantastic collection 8)

Latest posts