New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, just got a bay crew for a project for the missus, I live in Albany in south west Australia, we have about 10 projects and daily drivers including a 69 911, used to be a daily driver 12 years ago, still waiting resto, also have the mog in the background,
the crews name is Hector, it has had a late nose put on due to a front ender, this is about to be corrected, ordered parts from justkampers this week, also picked up a set of front deluxe bumper trims and some bucket seats and factory walkthru metal to get rid of the hack job thats there, it has minimal rust but most has been repaired and just needs finishing, has tranporterhaus drop spindles and a sweet 1679, cant wait to get it regoed and cruise
2011-11-29101902.jpg

DSC_0085e.jpg

The Santa that comes up your way must have a very big sack :shock: ;) :lol: Hello and welcome, that is a great looking bus, are you absolutely sure that Santa brought it ?????? :mrgreen: Are you sure that you didn`t have a little part in picking this one out ?? 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,, I want a new Santa ! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Thanks for the nice words.
Well all I can say is Santa must be a Early Bay enthusiast as well :lol:

Very,very,nice U.B. 8) I can see now your concern :roll: about your running water being lost if you install a fridge in the cabinet as your van is so O.E :D 8)

Thanks for the compliment Terrier
Do not quite get the abbreviation O.E. Care to explain?

uglybugger said:
Thanks for the compliment Terrier
Do not quite get the abbreviation O.E. Care to explain?
The abbreviation stands for Original Equipment. I just ment to say it looks very original inside as it did 40 odd years back. :D
You'll soon learn on here as it can be a very abbreviated forum at times. ;)

hey yall, I'm Ash

Expat Pommy living in Western Australia. (formally from Bournemouth UK)

I have a "Project" '71 Transporter (microbus) which had been converted into a camper but it was all so bad i had to throw it all out and am returning it to a microbus.

no engine or gearbox yet but the plan is to go WC Subaru powered. not for the purists i know :oops: :oops:

anyhoo some pics of my POS!

Photo0156.jpg

Photo0171.jpg

Photo0169.jpg

Photo0166.jpg

Hi everyone.

Some of you probably know me from over at TLB. My wife, JenW, has thoughtfully included some of you lovely people in the most recent TLB Firetec group-buy. I can't claim to have any responsibility or take any credit for it but in return I hope you don't mind me putting up a cheeky link to my twitter feed/campervan blog/internet videos http://www.wisemangoeswild.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; also @wisemangoeswild.

A quick thanks for putting us up earlier in the year when we went down too.

I've got a 1974 Riviera brought off your very own Bussaholics member Grazza.

Now if someone could just point me in the direction of TheLateBay section on this site. . . . . . . ;)

Hi

I'm klaus and I currently reside in South Africa. I used to live in the UK and the Isle of Man so have experienced the cool the scene there and hoping to attend a few more events in the upcoming year.

I have a one owner 69' deluxe bay that I've had for some time now and just recently transplanted a westy interior into her to make her more useable for my lifestyle. All the original interior has been stored and preserved for a time when it will be refitted. Last year my fleet consisted of three bays, the 69' deluxe, a 69' single cab (Doodle - that also was a one owner bus and had a awesome history to it which I will share later), a late bay DC and a 68' bug.

Sadly the DC and SC found loving homes and new lives last year but were replaced recently with a SC split with a nicely worked motor and IRS + adjusters so now I am back to having a vehicle for every occasion.

This is a great site and hope to contribute to it.

Greeting all you newbies!
Johnboylaw what are you looking for? Type/budget ;)
Loads of info and advice and leg pulling to be found on here (ozziedog will be along shortly)

Hi to all the new peeps, WA is the only place on that continent I didn`t get to which in hindsight is a great shame as I now live in the uk, parents were £10 poms and I was about 5 so grew up in Melbourne, came home on a whim for a holiday and the rest is history :roll: Jon, give us a few more clues about what you need and what you`d like and what you can spend and we may be able to help, but we`d all like a low mileage camper that`s been hidden away in a garage somewhere and really just needs some fresh petrol and dusting off, oh and maybe a little air in the tyres :lol: We all keep dreaming but in reality you may have more chance of winning the lottery :roll: So let us know what you`d like and we may be able to steer you away from the real bad uns. And Mr VW of S.A. you`ve had quite a few veedubs by the sounds of it Klaus, most of the dudes and dudettes on here will be green with envy (includeing me) Maybe you can sort me out a nice nearly new Early and I`ll pop over and pick it up :lol: You might be the one for the hard to get right hand drive stuff / parts though, but words,,,,,,, lots of words,,,, and not very many piccies ! You may have guessed the rules around here :shock: YES!!! piccies and loads of them ,,,,,,,,please ;) So what an intercontinental bunch we have here then, it`s great on this forum no matter where you`re from join in from the off and enjoy your stay :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, As introde by Bertie The Bus,,,, :lol: :shock: :lol:

Hello
Just found you by chance when lookig for some one wanting a Honda Chaly.
I am currently selling my old camper a fiat Ducato and looking for some thing different so this site was a good find.
Not certain which way to go so good to have a look around

Hey there Mr Winchman,, sounds like a very interesting name ?? Is that to do with constuction ? or 4wd ? by any chance :mrgreen: It does sound like the vee dub virus is nibbling at your toes, and if I was you I`d run like buggery, don`t look back, becaused it`ll get you :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Save yourself while you can !!! :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Hi

Thought I'd say hello and join in properly rather than lurking...noone likes a lurker :)

This is my bus, a 72 Dormobile Crossover, called Delia.

Delia2.jpg

look forward to chatting with you all

Latest posts