New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andyroo said:
Thanks Paul will do!

No worries Andy. :D
Think they have a Facebook page too.
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A7x9QXtLpGJSDA4AuFdLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE1amZ2bHR1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2lyZAR2dGlkA1ZJUFVLMDZfODg-/SIG=12pv7e6i3/EXP=1382225099/**https%3a//www.facebook.com/pages/Midland-Early-Bay-Limited/335373445187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Graham has supplied quite a few guys on here with some super cool rides/projects.
Hope this helps and good luck with find, You will find all the knowledge and tech etc you need on here.
Earlybay rocks! 8) :lol:

Hi There, sort of newish on the forum altho have been doing some posts here and there, Im not new to the scene having owned a Split Westy for the past 7 years but have now decided to go the Early Bay way .Ive recently purchased a late ( September) 68 Westy from Irvs so looking forwards to meeting up with you guys for a beer or ten lol Heres a couple of pictures of Red as i affectionately call her ;)

Hi all!

No idea why I haven't signed up before now, but better late than never!

We have owned Daisy now for the past 3 years and she is just nearing the end of a make over - mainly consisting of some welding, a new coat of paint and some mechanicals.

ara2uva7.jpg

This is how she did look - a little full for my liking

ubu6ygud.jpg

And now with her new paint

Hey there Peeps!

My names Ash and im new on here. Well i say new, i've been lurking around for months on here but with the delivery of my 72 tin top project on Wednesday, i thought i'd say Hi!

Im in located in Watford! So anyone around, give me a shout. Would be nice to meet ya! :)

I have a few questions though (Not the last time lol):

What sort of model have I got? Understand its a 72 K plate. Date of first registration 14/04/72 and hear people saying that it's a crossover model but they all seemed to have varied within different month's of 72?

Also. On my log book it shows the van registered as 'Light van'? Is that because it was a panel van? As what puzzles me more is the van only has the two central windows, whilst the rear windows are still panel? So has it been modified as a panel van? Or did they produce some like this? Explaining the light van registration

Any help would be awesome!
Thanks Guys!

Hi there Jamesurwin, I wish people would stop putting up piccies of yellow / lemon busses on here . I saw one a little paler than that today and it looked good also. I`m so tempted to do this to mine, just like yours but I had so many colour schemes run through my head that I ended up staying stock white,,,, but every now and then,, like I say,, I`m tempted. My bus is named Sherbie so it would suit him a treat as he was a real lemon when I got him ;)
Ash!! does sound like yours is a crossover and also a converted panel van. You are quite correct when you say there are lots of funny little variations in the crossovers in those years but hey it`s a bus and that`s cool as 8) :mrgreen: Yours sounds like a great compromise because windows are a little over rated especially when you is hung over :msn4: Pop some pics up and we can tell you for sure mate . A big welcome to both of you and ask away, be nice to have a couple more earlies at next years events , lets hope it`s as good next summer as this one was :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Make yourselves comfortable :mrgreen:

Haha cheers Ozziedog!!

I'll get some Pics up soon as. My thoughts exactly that it was a converted panel van. The question is....... to restore it back to a panel or convert it to a windowed bus?? Or leave it inbetween with people giving me grief that it should be one or the other :lol:

Did they ever do a panel and window combination from factory? :?

Thankyou for the warm welcome!

Ashmando said:
Haha cheers Ozziedog!!

I'll get some Pics up soon as. My thoughts exactly that it was a converted panel van. The question is....... to restore it back to a panel or convert it to a windowed bus?? Or leave it inbetween with people giving me grief that it should be one or the other :lol:

Did they ever do a panel and window combination from factory? :?

Thankyou for the warm welcome!

I don`t think they did but every now and then you can have an odd one turn up, possibly as a special order for a customer. Mine was a converted panel van when I first got him and the rubbers were stuffed and this and that etc etc blah blah blah :roll: So I had a donor bus, that among other things, I re used the genuine windows and frames and welded them into my bus. You would not be able to tell the difference because the parts are the real McCoy but from another bus. The panel van conversions were windows cut into the actual panels where as the micro bus etc etc had different window frames with two skins with the glass set into these, the other bit you can spot from a distance (but not on yours) is the rear side windows follow the curve of the panel where it joins to the rear corner just before the vents. No one on here will give you any greif as they say on here,,"Your bus, your rules". As far as changing it goes,, I wouldn`t, not until you have been to quite a few shows and seen loads of different variations,, live with it then make your mind up. There were also several conversion companies back in the day that took panels and fitted windows and converted them and made them extremely presentable. There is one for sale at the moment over on the late bay with a rediculously low mileage as well :shock: Loads of bucks too ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hurry up with them piccies :lol: ;) :lol:

Hi, new to the T2 world, have just bought a '71 Dormobile, it has been welded, painted and then the interest faded, so I have a blank canvas to work with. I think the first job will be a new wiring loom as it looks like it's been butchered over the years. So, first question of many...... Where is the best place to get one? :?

Hi I'm new to here too - been through a stressful time with Buster our crossover van and unfortunately he has had to go to vw heaven, but his older brother Hector 1970 bay is going strong - took him to Fistral Beach for half term :) - live in Kingswinford West Mids anyone else local to us ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new on this forum but not to the aircooled vw. I had some bay windows, split bus, 181, beetle... Came back from a 3 years without an aircooled vw. I will pick-up my next bus on sunday. A '68 original paint Kombi. Photo to come next week.

This is better late then never but Hi I'm Jay an newish to EB, I've posted a few bit an pieces already but thought I'd better do the introduction ;). Anyway I'm a mobile mechanic/Mot tester by trade and have been an admirer of splits an bays forever! I've just in the the last 6/8 months started to search for 1 after mot,ing a couple I decided to bite the bullet an buy 1. I'm starting the process of a winter restoration on my one (the ugly duckling) now, an am finding it more an more disheartening the more I delve into it :(. It's still taxed an tested till February but I'm not sure how really!! Looking under it the rust is terrible. I can't upload photos on here at the min but do have a restoration album started on my Facebook page if anyone wants to check it out?? Search for Jays Vehicle Services and view ugly duckling restoration! And by bonus if you live in/ near Harlow Essex an need work carried out or Mots esp on ya pride an joy then I'm more then willing to help out!
Cheers all. Jay

Hi

I'm new on this forum but not to the aircooled vw. I have had 2 split buses, beetles...

Recently bouht my first bay window. I think it is very early bay bus. Well... I might be wrong. Maybe you can confirm it or not.

Vin is 228022922. M-plate says 15 9 for production date, -67? Does that 9 mean september?

Reino

Hi All,

Just sold my Lowlight Ghia, gone all practical and bought a '69 Montana Red Microbus, a few plans for it over the winter: Machine polish the tired paint, some different wheels - possibly some 15" slotted steels if I can find some (anyone!?) Toying with the idea of dropped spindles to drop it a bit more but not priority. The interior isn't really to my taste but shall more than likely build something to suit our needs once we have a few camping trips under our belts. Ultimately she is very good and solid unlike 99% of buses I viewed for my circa £10k budget, it has a fairly new motor and needs nothing immediately. It has some curious reinforcing plates on the cab floor which I've not seen before and the italian spec side repeaters are a cool little oddity.

All in all very pleased, and a good antidote to seeing the Ghia drive off into the sunset yesterday! I'll do a gallery thread at some stage when I get time. Just looking forward to making it 'my own'.

Take it easy,

Steve

montana2_zps2d204625.jpg

Hi there to the new peeps,, I don`t think we got a Reino on here yet, you could very well be the first I guess, but as for Steves`,, there must be about a million of them on here, apparently it`s a very very popular name (me too), Stephen means King of Kings I read somewhere. Not sure how to work an M code thingy, but if you have a search or pop it up in general then I`m sure someone that knows all about it will saunter along shortly. So a big welcome to you both and experienced hands in the air cooled bit by the sounds of it, catch up with you somewhere in the summer :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Another nice summer pleeeeeeez :mrgreen:

Latest posts