Newbie!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andynods

Reaction score
Hi all. I think I know some of you already from JK but thought I would wonder over here too as I have just put a deposit on an early bay!!!! It is a 1970 Devon (pop top) currently being bare metalled and sprayed mango green and seagull grey and having a JK roof cap fitted. Should be ready in the next week or three (the restorer is going on holiday in the middle!)

This is the look I'm heading for eventually... (have already got the roof rack)

2ag9heu.jpg

I'm very excited. Always admired them but never thought I could afford one. My VW story so far is as follows...

Always admired them as a child... Looked around a few years ago. Saw a 1979 Moonraker on side of road near my house. It was for sale so bought it. Loved every minute of owning her (Buttercup) but her engine blew and needed welding so it cost me a bomb. I might have struggled on but her bodywork was going too so couldn't see the end of the bills so had to sell her last July... Promised I would get another one day but thought it would be a few years down the road but it turns out I couldn't wait that long so started looking around. Got a lead on this one being done up and decided to put a deposit down before the resto was even finished. I figured it was my own chance of getting in first

The interior is very shoddy and tired and it's gonna have to be ripped out and started again but I am hoping to tidy it up so that it can be used for this season at least....

Anyway, thought I'd say hi.... I'll post pics when I pick it up. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

I've got an early bay... yeah!

p.s. Think it was a eurovette as it has original red seats (as per Dave Eccles book) but am ready to be corrected!

Hello mate, welcome to the herd! :D 8)

Slammedresto - do somthing about your Avatar - taking over 50% of my
screen :shock:

Latest posts