noise increase around 50 but new bearings ???? diff maybe???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phileds

Reaction score
Have a loud drone around 45 upwards and have had new bearings, no play in the wheels either. could this still be the bearings?? could it be the differential ?? what sort of noise would it make if it was on its way out??
turning corners it does sound a little quieter when the weight comes off a perticular side which says to me bearings,,i have paid to have this done only 800 miles ago (so im told) again no real play in the wheels

pretty noisy in the back, my 6 yr old aint to happy wearing earplugs bless him.. tiz noisy..

Appreciate any thoughts..

Which wheel bearings did you replace front or rear or both?

Had a problem with mine lately turned out to be rear bearing not torqued up correctly

i told you your diff was fucked over a year ago phil :lol: you missed out the fact you can wiggle the output flanges about

tonicman said:
i told you your diff was fucked over a year ago phil :lol: you missed out the fact you can wiggle the output flanges about

It was the bearings yooth, sounds fine now... that was the noise a heard go bang just after i had em done if you remember on the way down cornwall the day after.

no that was cv joints dude i did the wheel bearings, i also told you then the diff bearings were knackered, have these been done now. the wheel bearings were skf ones so should of been good for a good while

Quincey said:
I have the same issue. When you say it was bearings, do you mean front or rear?

Mate sorry for the year late reply - was the rear bearings. Hope you got yours sorted..

uber cool said:
Which wheel bearings did you replace front or rear or both?

Had a problem with mine lately turned out to be rear bearing not torqued up correctly

Mine were not torqued up correctly either.. that loose the wheel fell off while i had my wife and kids in dude..

Latest posts