Oktoberfest Ashburton

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOR-BAY

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone is going? or has been before? We live not to far away and thought this was a good time to make an appearance.. Here is a photo of our trusty steed Vernon a 72 Devon Moonraker.. Hopefully we will see a few of ye there...

IMG_1252_zps70a8ef7f.jpg
[/url]/img]

IMG_0691_zps57fa7e57.jpg
[/url]/img]

I'll be there 8)

Love this show!

Nobody jinx it, I will get there... on time!

If you see a knackered looking panel in [mostly] red oxide, come say hi :beerchug:
image.php

Great! So there will be a few us there. Lets hope the windy and wet weather forecast doesn't happen. Anyone sorted fancy dress out? :shock:

On my way in a minute or two, maybe an hour then :roll: . See you all there this afternoon. I`m up in the top field so come and say hi. You might not miss an Early bay in white with leopard skin (ish) bumpers 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just loading up them there Stelllllerrrs :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Well, we seemed to miss everyone! We ended up in the lower field, didnt arrive until 3pm on the Saturday afternoon and then spent about 2 hours erecting our new awning! by which time it was drink and food o clock!
Did everyone else nearly freeze to death that evening.? Blige it was Jefffin cold. We entered the Show n Shine, shame there wasn't more doing it as it turned out to be shorts and t' shirt weather..
How did ye all get on?

The whole weekend passed in the blink of an eye, but really enjoyed it and loved the venue. 100 mile journey down was ok until the engine cut out right in front of the Old Sawmill cafe and we had a flat battery [DISAPPOINTED FACE]. Big thanks to the guys who gave us a push start. Turned out to be a blown dash bulb on the Alternator circuit, so no charging.
We also had a new awning to try - Khyam Motordome Classic - which went up a treat & stayed dry in the overnight downpour.
Top fun of the weekend was doing the High Ropes with our girls then lots of laughs with the fancy dress on Saturday night. Yes it was cold enough to leave the Propex on all night afterwards. We did look at your lovely van in the Show and Shine- sorry never realised it was you!
Overall a top weekend and a nice shakedown for the van before our Belgium trip at the end of the month.

Sorry to take so long to post about the Oktoberfest,, :oops: BUT !!!!!! I`m still sulking a bit because of getting there late on Friday night because of a little hic cup and running from the M5 at Exeter to the campsite on two cylinders :shock: :shock: even up that hill at about five or six miles an hour, but brilliant on the downhill bits :roll: So with a metre or two of endfloat and cylinder heads that Fanny Craddock could use as cullinders we had to go home on the big yellow taxi for the first time ever (it was red actually) Top marks and big thanks to the guy in the Early Devon that pulled up to try and help me out when I was stranded in an emergency pull in ( On a hill of course) :lol: I think it was pale blue and white but the light was fading and as he drove off I spotted and Early Bay. Com sticker in his back window, ,,,,,,,, So?????? Who was it ????? Nice to meet you anyhow ;)
Once there I decided to digest the situation over the weekend while we was camping, and Stellaing, and Pizzaing and we had a blast up there in the top field behind the walled garden, so much so that we didn`t get down to the bottom fields too much or even to the entertainment. We did however have quite a few visitors pop over to have a beer or two with us and that was brilliant. The flag fella came up trumps again with fixing my smacked up pole,,, again :mrgreen: And apologies for not venturing around the whole campsite apart from grabbing a shower :lol: :roll: :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, New motor soon we reckon :p :p :p :p

what about this one ozzie http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1165994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

robins said:
what about this one ozzie http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1165994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rich,,,,,,,,,, what you trying to do to me mate??? You know I only have stock things on my bus :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks like a good way to murder yourself as well :shock: But does look a fair price for the beast of a thing. What do you think then ten to the gallon maybe if you don`t boot it :shock: I think I got one sourced already but it can stay under wraps for the time being, but hopefully it`ll be ready for the Santa Cruise if not earlier ;) Then a run up north before chrimbo for a burger or two :mrgreen: Do you wanna ride shotgun for that one with the burgers and stuff mate ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks for keeping your peepers open bud :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
robins said:

Rich,,,,,,,,,, what you trying to do to me mate??? You know I only have stock things on my bus :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks like a good way to murder yourself as well :shock: But does look a fair price for the beast of a thing. What do you think then ten to the gallon maybe if you don`t boot it :shock: I think I got one sourced already but it can stay under wraps for the time being, but hopefully it`ll be ready for the Santa Cruise if not earlier ;) Then a run up north before chrimbo for a burger or two :mrgreen: Do you wanna ride shotgun for that one with the burgers and stuff mate ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks for keeping your peepers open bud :mrgreen:

that would be good mate let me know when it is

Latest posts