Old Skool Raving & misbehaving

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creationblue

Reaction score
Jon

Best start a new thread............'25,000 happy people, there is no equal'

http://hardcorewillneverdie.com/flyer.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a scout in there...... 8) seems like yesterday :shock:

I feel a bus rave coming on...........

Just

You organise it mate and i`ll be there some of the best times of my life especially at universe raves , i thought i could remember a rave at newport organised by universe and watching the sun come up with music pumping
I could do it all again thanks for reminding me great memories
shaun

Valentine Won said:
You organise it mate and i`ll be there some of the best times of my life especially at universe raves , i thought i could remember a rave at newport organised by universe and watching the sun come up with music pumping
I could do it all again thanks for reminding me great memories
shaun

Yep, there was a Universe in Newport, great party!

I went to most of the Clyro Courts over a 4 year period, utopia, genisis etc

Did the park in Hereford, obsession/fantazia

And loads of the big party's Fantazia, universe and one at Winchester with over 40000 people which I can't remember the name of it.

Showing my age i suppose but all this seems abit new to me. 88-90 did it for me, but when i went mainstream and even worse in the charts it was all over for me. Still some good tunes around in the 90s but once it had been exposed in the media and on the telly, every half arsed scally jumped on the band wagen.

Thing is Clyde no matter what your into your gonna miss out on something for being to old or too young, i missed the Acid House scene by about two years, and by the time Universe, Quest Pandemonium and the like came out it was mainstream to the Warehouse Crew, but it was my time and i fucking loved it 8)

I could listen to mix tapes, MCs talking shit (I love the MCs) telling stores of lost All Nighters, the placed we would find ourselves, often in some dead end street with no party anywere to be seen :lol:

I remember doing a 12 hour shift one friday in '92 then at 6pm driving down in convoy to Warminster, it was Universe (Pleasure Planet*think*) then raving all night then back home with the windows down, radio on full blast trying to keep my eyes open, straight into work for 10am for a 10 hour shift (worked in a restaurant at the time and the machinery was creating beats all day), then back out in Bristol for an Xstatic Night where Carl Cox tore things up on the Satrday night.................the times of our lives :lol:

Get downloading here http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/mixes.php?yr=1993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recomend Quest 2nd Birthday with Ratty & Pilgrim Back2Back, MC Robbie D got some classic lines.

Oh and if anyone wants an Aircooled old skool rave then sign up here, just a dream at the moment but who knows.......

Love & Peace

Just

One of my Favs

Pilgrim @ Universe-Tribal Gathering 1993, http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/mixes.php?sea=&yr=1993&pag=18&sort=dj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And The Producer/Tanith - Mind Body Soul & the Universe 1992 http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/mixes.php?sea=&yr=1992&pag=20&sort=dj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got to be the best start to any set with Ribbz on the Mic, guarenteed to make the hairs on your neck stand up!!!!!

Just

creationblue said:
Thing is Clyde no matter what your into your gonna miss out on something for being to old or too young, i missed the Acid House scene by about two years, and by the time Universe, Quest Pandemonium and the like came out it was mainstream to the Warehouse Crew, but it was my time and i fucking loved it 8)

Not running your time down fella, just saying it wasnt for me. Like you said you are either there or you aint. Folks a few years younger than you will feel their time was the best as well and thats how it goes.

Ive been lucky i suppose, i was 11 living in the Midlands and just getting into music when the 2 tone thing broke.... Was looking for something new and found Electro in the mid 80s. By the time Rap took over from Electro i was in the states and got into early House music (chicago house as it was called then) which on my return to the UK was forming the UK Acid House scene :D :D :D :D . By the time the bubble had burst on this i was living in the North West for the so called Brit Pop explosion broke so right place right time i suppose. Explains why im so messed in the head i suppose ;)

clyde said:
creationblue said:

Not running your time down fella, just saying it wasnt for me. Like you said you are either there or you aint. Folks a few years younger than you will feel their time was the best as well and thats how it goes.

Ive been lucky i suppose, i was 11 living in the Midlands and just getting into music when the 2 tone thing broke.... Was looking for something new and found Electro in the mid 80s. By the time Rap took over from Electro i was in the states and got into early House music (chicago house as it was called then) which on my return to the UK was forming the UK Acid House scene :D :D :D :D . By the time the bubble had burst on this i was living in the North West for the so called Brit Pop explosion broke so right place right time i suppose. Explains why im so messed in the head i suppose ;)

Not running you down either mate, good to chat about it I say 8)

Just

creationblue said:
clyde said:
creationblue said:

Not running you down either mate, good to chat about it I say 8)

Just

Sounds good...........did you ever get into the Bristol thing.

creationblue said:

Just

Is right!! I'll dust off me old gear out the loft. "you seen my fishing hat love??!"

http://forum.earlybay.com/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=1#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[/quote]Sounds good...........did you ever get into the Bristol thing.[/quote]

No it passed me by really, i was into D&B and although i like the Bristol Beats it was a bit down Tempo for me on the whole. I didnt get the Brit Pop thing at the time either, infact im more into it now than back in the day.

Just

Heebee_GB said:
creationblue said:

Just

Is right!! I'll dust off me old gear out the loft. "you seen my fishing hat love??!"

http://forum.earlybay.com/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=1#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: classic!

I still got my Troops in the original box in the loft, im sure i can find a pair of white gloves too,

Just

scott wilson said:
get the 1200`s out and i`m there with boxes of 88-96 tunes :mrgreen:

Scot they are set up in my summer House (get me :lol: ), well 1210s actually!

Bring em on

Just

the early bug jams and beetle bashes were fucking awesome.I remember dj`s out of split deluxes with the most kick ass sound systems, njoi and the like.Watching the sun rise after beetle bash 90 was probably a highlight for me and i`m still sure to this day that it was our very own rikki who was up in the roof of the old shed that night climbing the poles like soho`s very best....aaah the good ole daZE

Latest posts