one brake light out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAYBO

Reaction score
hi there. all of my lights work apart from my n/s brake light. bulb is ok and just wondered if anybody has any ideas. my bus is a 68 westy. mot due so need it sorted. cheers.

Most likely a bad earth - get the emery paper out and clean all the contacts inside the light cluster including where the bulb holder meets the body. If that doesn't work then you'll need to check the wiring, you could eliminate this by running wires from your working brake light to see if that's the problem.

;)

Also its worth checking there is a good contact on the back of the bulb itself. If you take the bulb out you'll see the two brass contact arms that touch the back of the bulb. Sometimes they loose their spring and don't connect properly. Just give them a tweek with a pair of needle nose pliers.

I agree with bay tripper, Fixed mine by tapping the brass connector a few times to work out it was a faulty connection and cleaning it of. Job done.

Latest posts