Poor Busters very ill

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tissy

Reaction score
:cry:

yup poor Busters not well at all he's been sick since 4pm yesterday, we called the vet, (large animal vet), some american guy turned up...
seemed to know his stuff, unfortunatly it's not good when a goats sick (vometing), the vet was affraid he may have eaten Lorral (plant) which is a killer .... we could not fine any about only in the front garden (which he can't get to) Lukie said he'd cut it all down any way now just to be on the safe side...

The vet gave him some injections and luke made poor Buster some black coffee (yup) coffee stimulates the guts to move things about.... Buster did like the coffee suringe down his throate and was sceaming,,the vet only gave him a little as poor Bussy got into a right state

This morning there was green goats sick every where again.. Ellie saw him drink alittle water.. I put his coat on him last night too.

To tell the truth i don't think he's gonna make it. :cry:

Tissy x

ps i'll keep you all updated

Tissy said:
To tell the truth i don't think he's gonna make it. :cry:

:(

i hope your wrong, Buster is loved by loads of us, i remember the watching him go down the slide in your garden when you first got him :lol:

hope to hear better news soon....

Thats a boo, sorry to hear that, hope all is better soon. :wink:

Sad to hear, it is almost as stressfull when your pet is sick as when a human family member is crook (except mother in law of course)

Get well soon Buster.

Busters a little better... had some water.......... vet said he's not got laural posioning as he would be fitting.....

so it's just some evil tummy bug... we have 24 hours to watch and weight :cry:

thanks guys Tissy x

Poor Buster! We had a goat 'Becky' when i was a little (i wanted to say 'kid' :eek: ) anyway she ate something and she got ill too. She was OK in the end, I hope Buster is too :?

I had to suring water down his throte (lol not very easy to do with a 5.1/2st goat)....

he wouldnt eat out of his dish as the magpies had been near it so i gave him the whole sack of his feed .....he had nibble,,, not much but he ate last night....

this morning he has been grazing,,,,, and also had some feed...

the worrying thing is i did find freash sick,, from last nights nibble... i hope he can keep his breakfast dowm....

thanks for all your wishes

love Tissy xx

Busters back to his old self.. i saw him head butting louis criket bat that was left of the grass :p mad!!... he's eating much better and nothings come back up!

thanks for all you kind words

love Tissy x

Latest posts