Question - Front floor panels......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genchy

Reaction score
I am going to replace the front floor panels in my cab area, my question is this if they are a little corroded is this an MOT fail? There are no holes as such but they are not as strong as i would like.

I need to get a seat belt mount done definately, but they can't get the floor pan done until next month due to the time involved.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,

Kev

Pics please, what do you mean by a little corroded?

Surface rust that wire brushes away to thick dark frown flakes visible internally , externally or both?

Minor rust in this area will normally pass, if its internal only then the cab mat will hide it so it will pass without being pulled up, if its external and not too bad brush it down and coat it with a rust inhibitor.

^^WHS^^

if your unsure pop by your mot station and ask for there opinion.
to be honest it will pass at some and fail at others, just let the MOT tester know your changing them soon.

Cheers guys, not really visible from below but flaking a little under the mat. they are booked in to be done but can't be sorted until the middle of next month and the bus goes in for the MOT in 2 weeks :roll:

Will get under and take another look i think.

Thanks for the replies guy :wink:

Latest posts