Re-greasing a dizzy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Im at a total loss trying to time in m engine, have just refurbed my carb (34 pict 3) and also have bought a second carb (just incase) anyway, i was reading about testing the dizzy by sucking on the small pipe and seeing if the dizzy baseplate moved, well mine doesn't. I can hear the diaphragm in the vac can moving but the is no dizzy movement.
Is there a guide, or can someone tell me, what is the procedure for regreasing the dizzy shafts?
Its getting to the point where i'm even considering a 009 dizzy to help get the bay running. Please dont force me to go down this route
HELP :x

Surely someone can point me in the right direction, nearly every thread i've read on dizzy involves someone saying re-grease the dizzy but never how to regrease it!

Can you move the shaft that connects to the Vac can and does the mounting plate move? Can you remove the circlip that retains the vac can shaft and does sucking on the vac can now let that move. It is possible that the vac can is faulty. If so, they are available from GSF.

Latest posts