rear rhs light not working now????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba dubba

Reaction score
Just when you think you have fixed something :roll:

So on another thread on here I mentioned about my " horn weirdness" and I got that sorted in the end but now afer taking the bus for a run to celebrate the bloody light is not working??.
I thought the bulb had gone at first with the fast indicator thing going but no not the case it would seam, I have no brake light no hazard and no indicator, its as though there is no juice getting to it at all :evil:
Ive checked all the fuses and cleaned all the brass contacts on the fuse box, also all the wires going into it all appear to be fine, ive checked the earth on that side (rear) and cleaned all the contacts on the back of the light, :evil: ive taken the instrument panel off and I cant see any loose wires apart from one black and red wire that's not connected to anything but I have tried on the two spades that have no wires connected (on the back of the light switch) and nothing changes, I think but im not sure that its from the ignition as it has been rewired with a push start as the barrel needs replacing as it wouldn't turn round enough to start the van (another job on the list).
So have you any ideas what to try next?, does it go through the light switch? could it be the light switch is faulty, im really stumped on this, its probably something silly but its beaten me so far :oops:

thanks in advance if you can help.................kev

You need to use a meter or a test light to establish if you have power going to the light unit or not. Until you know that you won't know where to check next.

Hi Trikky, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I gave in and asked a favour from a mate who's much better at all things electrical than me........it turns out I had two problems the first was a dodgy spade connection on the back of the light switch (hence no juice to the back light unit and the other was the connection on the indicator bulb wasn't great.
both sorted and we are all up and running again.

fingers crossed that's the end of it...................kev

Latest posts