Replacement Seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olance

Reaction score
34 year old seats don't last for ever. Mine are falling apart, the horse hair has turned orange from a lifetime in New Mexico and needs replacing and my girlfriend sneezes alot whenever we're in the van for periods of time. They're going to be sent away for some TLC but i need something to replace them with in the short term. So far I've managed to gather the following are good and easy to fit replacements

SAAB
MAZDA MX5
TOYOTA MR2
HYUNDAI COUPE

Can anyone add to the list as finding cheap ones are a little tricky???

Cheers!!

I fitted Porsche 911/944 seats with a very cool Pasha pattern in mine - they fit in with the VW/Porsche thing, they're relatively easy to find and inexpensive (I paid £45 on eBay) - very comfy too!

MR2 seats are a good choice

ive gone for porsche seats ( £30 ) and have had them recovered in leather to match my doorcards and other upholstery

I fitten Citroen BX GTi seats. Well, the bases were modified to fit the VW frames and the backs were then welded/bolted to the base to retain the VW recline adjustment. Reason I did it this way is because I'm tall and and most seats are thicker and cause my head to touch the roof lining. I needed something lower than standard seats. Advantage was also they cost nothing, came out of a scrapper at a yard.

Latest posts