Roadside Toolkit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great list but just found it hard to read with the wood backround and white text.

alex4057 said:
Great list but just found it hard to read with the wood backround and white text.

We are working on that, in the mean time there is the printable PDF - link at the top and bottom of the page.

Thanks for the feedback.

I know they are not tools but would also include a John Muir/Bentley manual, they both live in my bus with the tools :D

Well that confirmed how unorganised I am lol
Seems a very pessimistic attitude, but i am a optimism (it is going to be sunny at big bang )
But out of interest what's the 30mm socket for :?:

triothreetrio said:
Well that confirmed how unorganised I am lol
Seems a very pessimistic attitude, but i am a optimism (it is going to be sunny at big bang )
But out of interest what's the 30mm socket for :?:

It's used on a few things but one that comes to mind is some steering wheel nuts.

Perhaps the most useful "tool" of all is a little card in your wallet with AA or RAC written on it :)
There are certain jobs you can do at the roadside, but when it is cold, wet and on a busy road, I for one will not be under my bus with a 30mm socket :shock:

The AA have helped me out a few times and well worth the membership when your dynamo dies at 4am on a 500 mile epic journey :cry:

jonboylaw said:
Perhaps the most useful "tool" of all is a little card in your wallet with AA or RAC written on it :)

That's the first item on the list :).

We've all been helped out be the AA/RAC, it's nothing to be ashamed of - unless it was a flat tyre!

Not quite strictly tools, but I have used cable ties a lot to get me going, managed to fix a broken accelerator linkage roadside last year with them until a better repair when I got on site.

all that fits in one toolbox??
shall have to leave the kids at home to make room :lol: :lol:

Yep id included Duct Tape and electrical connectors. Also the obvious like Oil, Brake Fluid, Points, Rotor Arm, Dizzy Cap, Alternator Belt etc

Bought a handy metal chest of Ebay last week to stick it all in

$(KGrHqV,!l8E8(C6O,6SBPgZ+86uO!~~60_3.JPG

That's a big box :lol:

Rubber gloves and rags always save getting black hands everytime you hold the steering wheel after!

Good list gotta get a few things I think

Nugsy said:
Yep id included Duct Tape and electrical connectors. Also the obvious like Oil, Brake Fluid, Points, Rotor Arm, Dizzy Cap, Alternator Belt etc

Bought a handy metal chest of Ebay last week to stick it all in

$(KGrHqV,!l8E8(C6O,6SBPgZ+86uO!~~60_3.JPG

stone the crows.......i'd need to hook up me trailer to cart that box around or leave the kids at home and put it in the back...

i stow most of my spares under the front seats in the holes they hold loads of stuff ;) ......on my euro trips i try to cover every eventuallity so i take a lot of spares .........i even take a spare 3 piece clutch :shock:

if its a choice between a couple of hours to fix it and a holiday saved and memories made :D or its broke...... lets get relayed home :( then for me is lets fix it :D

some other things i take is one axle stand,brake fluid , cv grease and a bag of nuts and bolts ........its surprising how things can fall off :lol:

chris

You'll get all bar the over sized items in a 18x8x8 inch toolbox.

Spares and bodge bits will follow in a separate list.

Latest posts