Samantha - My 1969 Transporter Thread

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soviet1942

Reaction score
I purchased her December 1, 2009 for $1600. The owner couldn't get the lights, wipers, shift coupler or fuel gauge working. I didn't care, I had already sold my car and wasn't settling for anything else so I picked her up, drove her home and lurked the samba.

I printed out a wiring diagram and got everything to work except the turn signal makes a buzzing noise when activated. The shift couple is a temp fix until my screws come in from Cip1.

I also received with the car and extra sliding door, driver door, windshield, 2 side glass, dash, cluster, headlights, turn signals and other misc. parts.

First thing I did was change the cloth fuel lines. I've been driving her daily since and have had no issues. She is great and so far hasn't let me down.

BTW, the tires...I know, dangerous :shock:

Opinions suggestions would be great. Here are some pics

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0021.jpg

DSCI0005.jpg

DSCI0006.jpg

DSCI0007.jpg

DSCI0008.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

DSCI0010.jpg

DSCI0011.jpg

DSCI0013.jpg

DSCI0014.jpg

DSCI0012.jpg

DSCI0020.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

DSCI0018.jpg

DSCI0016.jpg

DSCI0017.jpg

If we had your weather i would also drive mine as my daily, nothing makes you smile more than sitting in a cool ride and just cruising

She been great as a daily. She doesn't really like cool weather though :msn4: maybe its something with the carb tuning? I do plan on redoing all the floors and fixing the rust. I like her stance and would like to find tires with a 185/60/14 in the front so I keep that look. Suggestions? BTW right now it has 205/75/14 in the rear :shock:

Preview of what theme will be on the bus, already been photoshopped onto busselecta, will post later :satanlook:

Fw190A4_JG2_3.png

haha, when I had sold my e30 to get a bus I told myself I only wanted a '69. I got close to buying a '78 westy but I know I wouldn't be able to stand the turn signals and taillights :lol:

is there a way to use banjo horn buttons on an OG steering wheel? I would really like to change my steering wheel horn button :evil:

Nice bus and like the theme you have chosen - looking forward to see what you do with this one ;)

My greenbay is running 14" wheels
rear size is 205/70/14
front is 185/60/14
Adds attitude....! -:)

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

Love the patina and wear'n'tear to your bus.. as you can see im not a full restro freak. lool.

Rock on there , and merry x-mas.
Peter

love the wheels you got. I plan on keeping that wear and tear look when I do the theme on the car so it feels like an old WWII plane.

Both designs are cool! 8) I've seen a splitty with a kind of WWII plane design once. Let's see if I can find a pic of that..

Edit: Found one:

nin002846AB.JPG

If I remember correctly it is mid engined and has a V8 lump... :shock: 8)

Looks good the black spray paint looks a little overdone. I got some painters tape and waiting for my step dad to find out on a box of primer. I will keep that patina look

Latest posts