• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

slammed 68 tin top westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westy68

Reaction score
1968 westie tin top, imported from Oregon approximately 5 years ago. She spent her UK life living in the field of Karmann Konnection. She has been registered with me for 3 years, and was taken straight to Volks Doc, there she had a new battery tray, new cab foot panels (other than this it has never been welded and is solid), along with new wheel bearings, new brakes and brake lines, new master cylinder (1 year only), windscreen, wiper motor, and rewire for UK use. I have recently built a brand new 1641tp engine using a brand new crank case, crank, cam, push rods, con rods, rockers, heads, pistons & barrels. It also has a brand new alternator and clutch, I've also put in an oil pressure gauge, oil temperature gauge and a rev counter. The engine has only covered 40 miles.

When we bought her the interior was rotten so we pulled it out and made our own (a few times, lol!) The last one pictured on photobucket we found a lot more practical. The floor is mad matz cream & brown chequered. The cab is clean with mad matz hessian brown/beige floor mats. I have changed the front seats as the originals need a refurb, I still have the originals it wouldn't take a lot to take the new ones out and put the original seats back in. The rear seats have been recovered by my Auntie in cream cord. It has a nice stereo and speaker system too.

The suspension is a slam works 4 inch narrowed beam, with reworked dropped king & link pin spindles supported by coil overs, on the rear it has KYB gaz adjusts with slamwerks adjustable rear spring plates with all new bushes. This has also only covered 40 miles. It has been notched and reinforced front and back professionally by Precious Metal, this has also all been under sealed and weatherproofed, all of this at a cost of around £2500.

In addition to this I have had the (rare) early steering box machined and rebushed by Smith's engineering (£200).

The wheels are brand new BRM (rep) with new tyres they have done approximately 100 miles. I am sure there is lots more I could tell you about her if you were to view her, but to round things off this bus is a stunning solid example of a rare '68. She will be missed but I would rather someone who will use her gives her a good home. I'm not being greedy with the price, and think it is reasonable to ask for £11,500.00 for her.

Her name is Olivia!

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call on 07701025748.

Cheers Dan

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab122/danielg968/Olivia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

buslower.jpg

HELLO.. WHO EVER IT WAS THAT TEXT ME LAST NIGHT FOR INFORMATION ON THE BUS PLS COULD U TEXT OR CALL AGAIN AS MY WONDERFULL PHONE HAS JUST CRASHED AND WIPED EVERYTHING!..

SORRY DAN 07701025748

Latest posts