Sliding door rubber seal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark6455

Reaction score
Hi dudes
What's the best way to get a new seek on and do I need to take the door off sorry to repeat myself
Mark

just feed it in with a screw driver,carefully.never used glue meself just buy best quality seal.you do need to remove door,or you could get someone to hold it up and just remove top guide or cut seal,but dont :roll:

Did all my seals last week and the sliding door was by far the worst cos couldnt get all the old rubber out of the channel as the slider was in the way. Put the new seal on but didnt remove the door and just cut the seal and glued back together once in. Had good seals which fitted well which really helped!

Hi sausage I've got a hood quality german seal I'd rather not take the door off so might think about cutting it and glueing the join
Cheers
Mark

I take off the door, it´s easier, I change the door for a better one, I´m working on my bus, the original door was to damage

Taking the door off is dead easy, heavy, but dead easy. Gotta be better than cutting a perfectly good seal.

Unbolt the sliding door bracket (the allen key fixings, and move the door away and rest upon an axle stand while you change the door.

THanks clem I'm gonna tackle it over the weekend so will let you know how I get on cheers