• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SO67 (Campmobile) Right Hand Drive Westy Interior Wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum, I have a 1970 Early Bay SO67 Campmobile Westy and I am looking for some interior bits and bobs.

Can anyone help??

Cheers Andy

little_green_monster said:
Hi everyone, new to the forum, I have a 1970 Early Bay SO67 Campmobile Westy and I am looking for some interior bits and bobs.

Can anyone help??

Cheers Andy

Hi Andy,
Sorry, I can't help with the bits you're after - but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say 'Hi' - tell us a bit more about your bus and post some piccies (everyone loves to see piccies! :D ) if you get a mo'

;)

Justin & Mutley said:
little_green_monster said:

Can anyone help??

Cheers Andy

Hi Andy,
Sorry, I can't help with the bits you're after - but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say 'Hi' - tell us a bit more about your bus and post some piccies (everyone loves to see piccies! :D ) if you get a mo'

;)

Thanks for the welcome, Originally the bus came from South Africa - so its a RHD westy 1970.

The bus is a SO67, can anyone tell me is this a rare bus in right hand drive as i have only seen left leggers?

My dad found on the Isle of Skye, we paid £300 quid for it (bargain) about 8 years ago. It had sat for years but we managed to fire it up, bang the brakes of and drove about 100 miles home to the Lake District before the pushrod tubes started to leak too much.

It then had the bottom 6 inches redone and a new front clip and on the road. Unfortunately some of the interior is missing
1)- original cupboard with the sink and water tank
2)- buddy seat and seat in behind the passenger bulkhead

Everything else is standard - had to put a new engine 2 years ago after the old one gave up on the way to vanfest, an oil seal on a piston decided to give up and melt the new piston to the barrel.

Its running prolite wheels at the mo which need a good polish

Need to get some new doors onto it as the originals are shot.

Trying to find the interior to put it back to standard, before we got the bus the bulkhead had been butchered to allow access from the cab to the back so will probably change this if can find a dead bus.

I did see that a guy had restored a left legger with the same interior, he managed to find a joinery shop that had the wood that matched the original rosewood laminate. Anyone know who this dude is or if hes on this forum??

If he is can you give a shout

Cheers Andy

Welcome little_green_monster.

I have a 69 SO67R in South Africa. Mine is also missing the bulkhead seat and my icebox cabinet is just a shell. I've removed it from the bus as I like to keep the doorway and cargo floor clear.

I don't know if RHD SO67s are rare, but all the SA westies 68-73 were SO67R. Was yours assembled in SA (VWSA VIN plate) or was it imported (SF export code on M-plate)? From mid 1970 to 1973 westies were assembled in SA, which must be unique.

Here's my SO67:
379979.jpg

Welcome, welcome all. :lol:

Get those piccies up as J&M said. :wink:

Fig - looks nice, plus is that a Dormy in the background 8)

fig said:
Welcome little_green_monster.

I have a 69 SO67R in South Africa. Mine is also missing the bulkhead seat and my icebox cabinet is just a shell. I've removed it from the bus as I like to keep the doorway and cargo floor clear.

I don't know if RHD SO67s are rare, but all the SA westies 68-73 were SO67R. Was yours assembled in SA (VWSA VIN plate) or was it imported (SF export code on M-plate)? From mid 1970 to 1973 westies were assembled in SA, which must be unique.

It was assembled in South Africa and stayed there until about 1981 when it was imported to UK - when we found it, it was running a Y plate but we have age related the plate through the DVLA

Latest posts