• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD 68 Westy Beautiful Condition

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh and proud

Reaction score
Hi time has come to sell our amazing 68 lhd Westfalia which we loved owning and have had lots of fab holidays. Faux on here has worked on my van and complemented it with his expertise in electrical work and double roof bed. Thanks.
This is only my view but it certainly is up there with the show vans and regards to its superb original condition of panels, underneath, and interior. I have added my additions hopefully to improve it overall look.
All panels are straight and original the only welding done was a small patch on front floor but decided to have whole floor replaced to give a better look.
Its never failed an MOT or needed any work to get it through an MOT.
MOT runs out June 2014. Tax March 2014.
Currently running a twin port 1600 with single carb with no issues, pulls strong and pretty good on fuel. Its never let me down. Had a compression test done at beginning of season and passed with flying colours.
Things i have done are.
replaced all inner and outer rear bearings.
New rear drums (genuine german ones)
New front drums (genuine german ones)
New fuel pump (3 weeks ago)
Delux front grill
Delux Bumper trims
Quiet single pack exhaust
New leads ( Cost £70.00)
New Starter
Reconditioned steering box still under warranty.
Runs on Electronic Ignition
Always starts first time.
Have had a push button start but still need to use ignition key. This was done professionally and is run through a relay.
Colour is L87 i think probably best colour.
It has standard but rare 68 interior all in superb condition. I have removed spare wheel and replaced with extra cushion which makes a difference for two adults sleeping. Double roof bed as new and front Hammock too.
It has a leisure battery with RCD Unit and 240 Volt hook up. 2 double sockets and 3 12 volts sockets. No alloys not a fan.
It has been lowered slightly which i like and it also first fine in my standard single garage.
I'm not desperate to sell but would like someone else to enjoy as much as we have. Recently valued by insurance for £20k.
I'm open to sensible offers around 16k and she's worth every penny.
I don't know how to upload pictures but will try and get some help.
I'm located in south wales a great place to start your holiday destination.
Please no time wasters life is too short.
Contact me if i can be of further assistance.

null-4.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-2.jpg

Loving your van, my wife and I are looking for a family camper after years of contemplation we have decided to take the plunge.
Yours looks and sounds great, do you have more photos for us to view? We are ssssoooo far away from you but would like to view it.
Can I call you to discuss a few things?

Van has now sold to a lovely couple. I hope they have a great time like we have had. Best memories ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts