• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD SOLD 1971 early bay dormobile with auto teckniks engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valetecdavid

Reaction score
REDUCED TO £6800 SEE PICS BELOW
FOR SALE
1971 (J Reg) Dormobile Type 2 Bay window with awning
More desirable early bay model, TAX EXEMPT (FREE TAX)
Replacment pop top canvas
Replacement £4500 AUTO TECKNIKS 1776cc sports engine
Stainless steel exhaust. New front brake callipers
New steering wheel. New rear seat belts
£2200 spent on floor welding for recent MOT
11 months MOT (tax exempt)
Empi gear shifter
Cooker with hobs and grill and gas bottle in cupboard
Cooler/chiller 12v
Fitted sink with electric 12v water pump
240v electrical hook up with long connection lead for campsites
Replacement sliding door hinge
Curtain set to be refitted following wash and dry
Silver mat set for windows at night
Bluebird awning quick and easy to erect
Sleeps 4 (2x hamocks ,1x double bed)
£1000’s in thick recipts file. New wipers
Sad to see her go.......... REDUCED TO £6800
CALL DAVID ON 07766 475179
0032.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

005-1.jpg

valetecdavid said:
SEE PICS BELOW
FOR SALE
1971 (J Reg) Dormobile Type 2 Bay window with awning
More desirable early bay model, TAX EXEMPT (FREE TAX)
Replacment pop top canvas
Replacement £4500 AUTO TECKNIKS 1776cc sports engine
Stainless steel exhaust. New front brake callipers
New steering wheel. New rear seat belts
£2200 spent on floor welding for recent MOT
11 months MOT (tax exempt)
Empi gear shifter
Cooker with hobs and grill and gas bottle in cupboard
Cooler/chiller 12v
Fitted sink with electric 12v water pump
240v electrical hook up with long connection lead for campsites
Replacement sliding door hinge
Curtain set to be refitted following wash and dry
Silver mat set for windows at night
Bluebird awning quick and easy to erect
Sleeps 4 (2x hamocks ,1x double bed)
£1000’s in thick recipts file. New wipers
Sad to see her go.......... £8000 ono
CALL DAVID ON 07766 475179
0032.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

005-1.jpg

Hiya any pics of the interior? What are the bad points if any?
Not a million miles away so if you let me know more I may come over and view!
[email protected]

Many thanks
Pauly

thanks for the comments ....had 2 people view today,one offered silly money ,other was frightened off by some local paint bubbles /rust,she does have a couple of areas which needs attention , but she is 38 years old and she is mot'ed and ready to go ,i dont know what people expect,,the engine is really great though and she is a brilliant van for sombody

Sorry only just noticed..... whats the story with the passenger side bulkhead bud?

Pauly

probably on a swivel seat?

no swivell seat, i have only been into campers since sept last year but from what i have read people used to cut them out back in the day for what ever reasons,swivel seats or more room or what ever mine came to me without one and i have seen others at the shows without them too

Some question's please, if you don't mind (from Essex):

What VW colour 'red' is the bodywork ? ( if you know).
Would front seat's be easily removable (ie:bolted in not welded in)?.
Is it lowered or stock height?.
Do you have a bed down / back door photo?.
Could I come and see one evening next week (after Dartford rush hour :? )?.

Thank's - JIM.

ANSWERS
What VW colour 'red' is the bodywork ? ( if you know). NO IDEA
Would front seat's be easily removable (ie:bolted in not welded in)?. SEATS BOLTED IN
Is it lowered or stock height?. BEEN TOLD THAT SHE IS SLIGHTLY LOWERED
Do you have a bed down / back door photo?. NO SORRY I'M ON HOLIDAY AT CENTRE PARCS
Could I come and see one evening next week (after Dartford rush hour )?. NO SORRY SINCE I DROPPED THE PRICE I MUST HAVE HAD 25 CALLS AND E MAILS SO I'LL PUT YOU ON THE LIST BUT DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH

valetecdavid said:
ANSWERS

Could I come and see one evening next week (after Dartford rush hour )?. NO SORRY SINCE I DROPPED THE PRICE I MUST HAVE HAD 25 CALLS AND E MAILS SO I'LL PUT YOU ON THE LIST BUT DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH

Is this van now sold then? :?

sorry it should have read that i was on holiday at centre parcs last week so no viewings that week i am home now and had a guy view today but he didnt buy either ?? i thought with the auto tecniks engine it would sell really quickly there is a bit of bubbles or slight rust in a couple of places but i have dropped the price and this engine is sweet,the guys at aquaphobics who meet every thursday at a pub near me said an engine with a spec like mine is now around £6000 from ATEC ,mine has only done 5000 miles since fitting.got sombody from thurrock who wants to view but i want to go to peppercorn 2morrow so i havent rung them,

valetecdavid said:
sorry it should have read that i was on holiday at centre parcs last week so no viewings that week i am home now and had a guy view today but he didnt buy either ?? i thought with the auto tecniks engine it would sell really quickly there is a bit of bubbles or slight rust in a couple of places but i have dropped the price and this engine is sweet,the guys at aquaphobics who meet every thursday at a pub near me said an engine with a spec like mine is now around £6000 from ATEC ,mine has only done 5000 miles since fitting.got sombody from thurrock who wants to view but i want to go to peppercorn 2morrow so i havent rung them,

I could have come up to see your van yesterday (saturday) instead of having a wasted 330mile round trip to camperjam as only 1 split and a T4 in the for sale area but you never got back to me after i replied to your pm before your holiday mate????

hi mate sorry i didnt get back too you , sorry you had long trip but at least you got to go to a vw show, was it good?? i went to peppercorn in maidstone,that was great,to be honest im getting fed up with wasting weekend after weekend my van seems not to be what people want, it does have some rust but a fab engine ,perhaps i should seperate them ?? you still looking then??

If he is not, I am still looking - but 6 post's above you told me you had a list and not to hold my breath ......................
It might help if you define the 'rust' aspect (photo's maybe?), I'm only
the Essex side of the Dartford crossing - so a look see is easy for me,
if it does'nt look wholesale rust.

Cheers -JIM.

just to post up that my camper is sold and the buyer has taken her tonight so sorry to jim and the other guy i was going to send more pictures to, cheers David L

Status
Not open for further replies.