Solex fuel leak / Repair Bush

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Hi All

Carb Solex Pict 34-3 has developed a fuel leak off the bottom spindle ( bottom butterfly ) So have removed and bought a refurb kit but doesn't come with the bottom bushes .
Seems as though there are two types, Plastic which are in there now and brass , just wondering if anyone favours brass over plastic or vise-versa pro's cons . And if there are replacement spindles available anywhere ? mines not bad but there
signs of wear .

Thanks

Chico

I bought these brass ones, you have to gently file the throttle shaft with emery paper until you get a good fit but I found this easy enough to do and now have a nice slop free fit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BEETLE-CAMPER-SOLEX-31-34-PICT-3-CARB-REPAIR-BUSHES-AIR-COOLED-/370597327209?hash=item5649527169:m:m_XVI-F-w4xKIoZly7lYgVg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow!
I have got this exact same problem on my squareback with the solex 34s on and thought they had to be scrapped as the carbs are leaking from the exact same spot as yours!
I didn't even know you could get a repair kit like this.
I bought a standard gasket set rebuild kit and needless to say this bit isn't in there but this is the bit that's leaking!
Will buy some now :)
Thanks!
DON
:)

It Seems to be a common (ish) problem would think that they would start including them in the rebuild/refurb kits
I'm going for the brass ones as the delivery time is quicker ( granted not the best policy ) and will report back what there like, the ones i removed literally looked liked a bit of old cut plastic tubing ! so anything that fits should be better ( hopefully)

Chico

Mags

Can i ask how many washers you had on each end if you can remember ?
mine have the rectangular centre for the bar , i had two on one end and one the other

Thanks

Chico

Latest posts