• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Std 1600 pots & pistons wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubby

Reaction score
My son has cooked his 1300 beetle engine and has zero budget, I have 1600 twin port heads and inlet manifold off an old van engine and the 1300 bottom end is sound, does anyone have some decent 1600 barrells c/w pistons from an upgrade or anything?,,,, will pos need a 43 pict carb as I think his is a 31. I wasnt planning on visiting Volksworld but could if someone has these,, Im based in the south near Bournemouth,, no rush, he hasnt got college untill Monday!!!!!!
If you can help please pm me as I will be out this evening but will check in when I get back, please include a mobile number if you are making an early start to Esher.
Cheers Dubby

Brand new are not that expensive, around 83:50 for barrels pistons and rings from vwheritage.com, and that way you will know what you have.

If only,,, we just checked,, its nearly double that, but may have to if nothing turns up.

B & P sets at Megabug new £89
http://shop.megabug.co.uk/product_description.php?pn=362&cat=66" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Used set..£50

http://shop.megabug.co.uk/product_description.php?pn=92&cat=66" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got a set in the garage that came off my van @45k from new, compression was good all round, will check on them in the morning to see they are still ok (no knocks, rusted etc) if they are ok you can have them for the postage cost.
Matt.

Thanks to all who helped,, turns out that the 1300 we bought is in fact a 1600 single port, so we just needed pots & pistons and the guy who sold it to us has given us a set ( he only knew when I took the removed head to him and he offered up 1300 & 1600 barrells ). So its build and fit ,,, again!
Dont suppose any of you also have front glass for a splitty?, Im going to take out my Safaris and go back to fixed
Dubby

Latest posts