STOLEN SPLITSCREEN DGW 183B

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerracer

Reaction score
I know this is not a bay, but Stolen tonight from Brands Hatch Red & White Splite screen DGW 183B please report if seen

This is just awful. Saw it on Fb.

But wake up people. This isn't uncommon. We are at our less sceptical of a theft at a show. We leave our buses unlocked, engines on show, gadgets in full view etc etc. Lots of people milling around and no one questions if that is the actual owner. It doesn't make for a good photo but stuff it, if you have a steering lock, put it on at a show.

I know it's different but I found a lost 3 year old child in my bus at Elemental this year. I'll never leave my bus open again.

Sent from my iLife4 suite of applications.

Maybe some sort of Ticketing system is needed, where by you need the ticket to exit with the van. If you lose the ticket then you wait till the end or have the V5 to hand..

I just hate this sort of thing, they need rough justice

Bloody good idea Jon!

Start up a new thread and get a petition going, if it stops just 1 bus from being stolen its gonna be a success!

Spence

jonboylaw said:
Maybe some sort of Ticketing system is needed, where by you need the ticket to exit with the van. If you lose the ticket then you wait till the end or have the V5 to hand..

I just hate this sort of thing, they need rough justice...

This sort of thing happens in triathalon, when you need your number on your helmet, race number and bike number all to match.
To get the number you need some form of photo ID.

I dont know if it over the top, but the basic idea sounds ok, unless you leave you reciept in the van :lol: :roll:

It would not be too dificult to implement, maybe a special wrist band for the owner with the reg number on or something. I feel event organizers should think about these sorts of measures now it apears to be coming more of a problem.
I would also recomend that all drivers are photographed leaving the events so if there are issues later you have a nice mugshot :D

I'm going to play devils advocate here and ask why should it be the organisers responsibility??

Our buses have become very desirable objects. They are also not the hardest things to hot wire or key up.

At Grill and Chill (the event after Brandshatch) I saw only one bus that had a visible anti theft device fitted. 2 if you include my own.

Come one people, wise up.

Sent from my iLife4 suite of applications.

Latest posts