Swedish -72 highroof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus osd

Reaction score
Hi im from northern sweden and deep into vws. I have a bunch of cars at the moment including a bay pickupp, 3 typ3s, one beetle, golf, k70s and so on.

Sold this 1972 bay 2 eyars ago as it was a thight fit for our family of five

It had a split front beam with flipped spindels, worked really good on camping trips with the hole family :D

Current bus is a 1972 steel highroof that i got last summer.

When i got it all windows were smashed and the day we Went to pick it up 350 km from home we ended up in the worst storm in 20 years, quit scary.
Its actually really ugly but thats going to change 8)

As i like my cars really low it was put up in my garage and the work begain

The front gets a 6cm wheeltub.

The beam is narrowed and raised 18cm in the chassie, upper torision tube now sits inside the cabin. The rear has the frame raised and adjusteble springplates

And some Moore :D
This is ridehight at its lowest. Tires dont rub and its driveable.

Didnt manage to finish it in time for our locla vw meet where i should get it painted by a local grafitti artist so we loaded it up on the trailer (not easy) :lol:

The artist made a super job, couldnt be happier

Now im planing on finish it and ship it over to uk and volksworld show 2015

That roof! :shock:
Never seen one like it. What is it, homebrew?

The extra air intake made me chuckle :lol:

Now that it's stanced and painted it looks awesome 8)

Yes the roof is someones handywork and its made of metal!!! Extra intake is for the radiator as the bus runs a watercoold Volvo engine. Was supposed to swap the engine back to aircooled but the bus is so heavy so it needs the extra Power. Will use it for camping so heating is also a big plus

Hi!
I saw your bus on boxerville.se and I've to say I like your bus really much! Why? It's easy to say, your bus is totaly different! I like all this buses with fuchs wheels and the fucking great stance! But sometimes you have to do something different! And that's so cool!
Best regards from Switzerland
Reto

Thanks guys! as of today thers 2 sleeping spaces in the highroof and there will be a rockn roll sofa in the back. Upp front i will use a westfalia style bunk bed so we can fit in the hole family.

So ugly but attractive at the same time 8)
Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Latest posts