T2 High top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Microbus
M-codes
Not sure
Hi all,

I'm tempted to put a high top on our van instead of updating our current westfalia pop top. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that make new high tops or anyone that has one for sale. I'm based up in Durham.

Cheers

Lee

Thanks, so far in my search I've only found ones for T25, Everytime I search for factory ones they bring up full vans. I dont think I can justify buying a van with a high top just to pinch the high top :ROFLMAO:

Hi I don’t know if you ever got hold of a high top I’ve just seen this thread it was just to say I have 1 it needs a bit of work around the fixing edge but nothing impossible.

Attachments

• 3E787873-7F8F-4E49-8D51-50271525A285.jpeg
    3E787873-7F8F-4E49-8D51-50271525A285.jpeg
    973.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi I don’t know if you ever got hold of a high top I’ve just seen this thread it was just to say I have 1 it needs a bit of work around the fixing edge but nothing impossible.
That looks in a lot better nick than the one I got, I've had to fibreglass over holes. and I have the edges to fix aswell. Before and after.

Attachments

• 20230429_100624.jpg
    20230429_100624.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230429_124900.jpg
    20230429_124900.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Structurally it is a 7-8/10 the fixing lip is almost nonexistent I was going to make a wooden mould of the curvature of the roof shape and fibreglass a new lip onto it but like everything else it’s a job I’ve never got round to and just need to free up the space now and let someone else deal with it.
Have you fixed yours on yet or still test fitting?

Not fitted it properly as of yet. I have got some peel ply to put on the metal part of the roof then planning on using thickened epoxy to make a mould of the roof. Once it goes off I'm planning on using self tappers from the inside, then lots and lots of sikaflex to seal it to the roof. I will eventually get round to putting some pics up. I made the error of grinding off the old lip on 99% of it so hence having to make a new lip. The peel ply should prevent the epoxy from sticking to the roof

Latest posts