Thought this was pretty cool!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valbarley

Reaction score
I got this message on my blog this week:-

Hello Val,
I owned tillie 4 years ago but had to sell her to move to New Zealand.
Did you know that tillie featured in an advert for Carling and an episode of Byker Grove?
Tillie and I were the only English members of a Dutch VW club and used to travel to Holland every year. There used to be a club sticker in the back window.

Good Luck with tillie, and if you ever want to return her home (sorry... sell her...)
give me a bell

Edwin Chapple

Is nice to know she is famous actress! Also amazing how someone has managed to trace her to my blog, blummin good this internet thing!

Has anyone else got budding actors?! Is anyone signed onto any books for TV work with their bus?

Just off to trawl through 19 series with 20 episodes in each of byker grove now... :shock:

valbarley said:
I got this message on my blog this week:-

Hello Val,
I owned tillie 4 years ago but had to sell her to move to New Zealand.
Did you know that tillie featured in an advert for Carling and an episode of Byker Grove?
Tillie and I were the only English members of a Dutch VW club and used to travel to Holland every year. There used to be a club sticker in the back window.

Good Luck with tillie, and if you ever want to return her home (sorry... sell her...)
give me a bell

Edwin Chapple

Is nice to know she is famous actress! Also amazing how someone has managed to trace her to my blog, blummin good this internet thing!

Has anyone else got budding actors?! Is anyone signed onto any books for TV work with their bus?

Just off to trawl through 19 series with 20 episodes in each of byker grove now... :shock:

:shock: :lol: good luck and post it up when you find it :lol:

Thats brilliant.

When we got our bus we had a load of invoices etc that detailed an address in California, when we googled the address you could see a big dirty oil patch where sshe was obviously parked. The invoice from which we got the address we later noticed detailed investigate oil leak :lol:

Also had a number whihc we have tried to call a few times, no answer yet but we do keep trying now and again

Wow that's fab! So good to be able to put together a bit of history on the past lives of a bus, I think what they've been up to over the years must seep into their make-up somehow ( I so wanted to say soul, but then you'd realise what a ridiculously soppy fruitcake I am). Owning an old bus kinda feels more like being a custodian.

Good luck on your many adventures to come in star of the screen Tillie! ; )

Latest posts