TopGear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvel

Reaction score
Just watching TG tonight and noticed in the background evrytime the guys stopped there was always a latebay in the background. A light blue one. :lol:

ha ha - its not just me then.I wondered if it was one of the production or filming crew's bus.
It seems to be always strategically placed to be in the shot :lol:

Hi!

I never noticed, will have to watch again. Aparantly I was told that Clarkson's Citreon camper was pushed off Hartland Point - just down the road from me. Think the big bridge is the one over the Torridge Estuary, and my home (Instow) is in the background, though might be wrong on that, was trying to piece together the route they took.

Alistair

They where camping at Polzeath. I saw the bus at the petrol station and again at the South winds campsite. It looked to me like they pushed the shitron over the edge somewhere near Trevone/Trevose head. (but it can all look pretty similar without being able to spot a land mark)
Will try and find out off my wifes mates fella who works on the show.

is it only me who thinks what was the point ?? much prefer fithgear

I spotted the blue van too, I was expecting them to say, this is what you have to drive if your car falls appart.

clyde said:
They where camping at Polzeath. I saw the bus at the petrol station and again at the South winds campsite. It looked to me like they pushed the shitron over the edge somewhere near Trevone/Trevose head. (but it can all look pretty similar without being able to spot a land mark)
Will try and find out off my wifes mates fella who works on the show.

Hi !

It was my neighbour who said they were around Hartland, I was supplied duff info - but you are right, they do look similar!

Alistair

Saw the bay as well.

Do you think they really had permission to push the citroen off? I recon it was fake/CGI. They would have had to fill in a mile of paperwork, negotiate with probably 3 or 4 parties and recover every single scrap of debris on the cliff face and in the sea just for starters.

I couldnt believe they pushed it off either,like you say,red tape nightmare.

think they are running out of ideas imo,not a must see anymore.

Just thought the whole thing as per usual was a complete waste of time and money.
Am i one of the only people who cant stand clarkson and hammond, james May is ok when he isnt on the same program as those two twats.
I do watch topgear occasionally but always watch Fifth Gear, its a much better show (but tiff is a twat too!)

Agreed. 3 very overpaid twats having a great time usually with cars the averager person cannot afford all at our expense! Or maybe I'm just a tad jealous?

found this on google,seems to sum it up. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2009/dec/22/top-gear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would love there to be a proper car review program for cars everyday people buy.Fed up of which has the loadest horn, a freight train or an Lotus type thing.

best thing on TV for entertainment, totally staged but still so so funny.

theres enough magazines out there if you want to buy a "proper" "normal" car, it doesnt pretend to be a proper car review program, and anyway who would not want to do that job? million pound cars being hooned around some track? yes please.

everyone talks about the same thing every series and it still attracts viewers and people desperate to get in the crowd on the show, so whats the problem again?

:msn4:

Paulwillie1000 said:
Just thought the whole thing as per usual was a complete waste of time and money.
Am i one of the only people who cant stand clarkson and hammond, james May is ok when he isnt on the same program as those two twats.
I do watch topgear occasionally but always watch Fifth Gear, its a much better show (but tiff is a twat too!)

I agree ... Clarkson = Knob

Rarely watch Top Gear and when I do usually makes my blood boil :shock: :shock: :shock:

Waste of my license fee :cry:

Latest posts