twin pipes on a bay...........now edited with a new find!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh.go.on.then said:
Cheers, it's not overly noisy and sound a lot better than the empi thing that was on before. To be honest the bark from the carbs is noisier than the exhaust inside the van when you put your foot down.

I must learn how to copy a previous post in when I reply like everyone else does.........

haha click the quote tab at the bottom right..... simples! :lol:

Thanks fellas, this will be one of my next things on the "to do list" i think!!!! :mrgreen:

thinking about going a beetle exhaust just wondered how much do the tailpipes clear the rear valence/bumper they look quite close in the pics [i have got a tow bar which the rear bumper is fitted on it was on the van when i got it]

martay said:
thinking about going a beetle exhaust just wondered how much do the tailpipes clear the rear valence/bumper they look quite close in the pics [i have got a tow bar which the rear bumper is fitted on it was on the van when i got it]

let me know how you get on,i got a removeable bar on mine from the samba and not sure if it will clear,bumper also fits onto the bar.

ok thanks ,i have a measure up just looking into a beetle exhaust as an option to my header and motorbike can just what something a bit quieter , had a mondo ,quiet pack , the bike can has been the best but the exhaust noise is not that bad but its really a deep tone,bit of a pain on the motorway

I'm thinking of fitting one too
Do you have to run j tubes or will it just plum into the heat exchangers

Cheers
Mark

so all you guys with twin pipes i have a question..................

i spoke to the chap on Samba ref the exhaust i got and asked if the bug stock silencer would fit?
he said if the outlets were lower than the rear valance then yes,if not the valance needs to be notched :?

so the question is are the outlets lower than the rear valance???
a birds eye view(from underneath to clarify.....RRRREEAALLY small bird :lol: :lol:) would be lovely if you guys got any photos ;) ;)

regards.

sharky.

:sick0019:

Mines a 70 with a Beetle exhaust and JK towbar. All fits on nicely :mrgreen: .
KJ towbars are brilliant!!!
Ive had 2 now and both fitted perfectly with no probs.
Theyre made by a towbar fabrication company in St.Albans but cant think of their name.

Rich

Hoosier said:
Mines a 70 with a Beetle exhaust and JK towbar. All fits on nicely :mrgreen: .
KJ towbars are brilliant!!!
Ive had 2 now and both fitted perfectly with no probs.
Theyre made by a towbar fabrication company in St.Albans but cant think of their name.

Rich

Lovely looking bus!

Just to clarify, that is a Just Kampers tow bar? I'm on the prowl for a tow bar now but wasn't sure I could fit one with a bug exhaust.

I've taken a close up pick of my exhaust clearing the rear valence but my phone battery is now dead so will upload when I find my charger.

Yep, its a JK towbar.
If you want, PM me your mobile no and ill send you a few pix that i took today.
Bit of a crap phone i have buy you'll get the idea.
This is the place that make em http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but theyre cheaper to buy from JK (i already tried that :mrgreen: )

Rich

I have the same towbar fitted to mine although it was a Bitch to fit :evil:
Nice to know I can fit a Bug zorst quite fancy peashooters.

Me too mine is WAY to loud I can only describe it as driving a subwoofer!!

baz1875 said:
I've got twin pipes on mine and I love em. :)
be2ujezy.jpg

So do I...

so come on then girls and boys........those of you with twin pipes fitted,have you got any feed back ref the heat from the pipes do they melt the paint on the rear valance and bumper????
had a look at my stock bus zorst and the outlet is pretty close in height with the valance.
just wondered if any of you had any issues with paint melting before i got meself one.

i must say i really fancy the twin pipes on merlydog's bus,where did you get them from meryl????
i had a look at thread as i was writing this post but it will not allow me to scroll back page without loosing the text i've written :oops:

regards.

sharky.

:sick0019:

Oh.go.on.then said:
I now have a beetle twin on my 1776. Straight forward fit and uses heat exchangers.

I don't think I would use one on a bigger engine but my mine seems to have lots of torque which is what I was after so all good by me. It will work fine on a 1641.

Rubbish picture I had on my phone but you get the idea

image_zpsf9af1054.jpg

Do these have any effect on the paint of the bumper??

sharky71 said:
Oh.go.on.then said:
I now have a beetle twin on my 1776. Straight forward fit and uses heat exchangers.

I don't think I would use one on a bigger engine but my mine seems to have lots of torque which is what I was after so all good by me. It will work fine on a 1641.

Rubbish picture I had on my phone but you get the idea

image_zpsf9af1054.jpg

Do these have any effect on the paint of the bumper??

No issues with paint, at least on the 2 pack I painted my bumpers in anyway. The bumper isn't touching so I don't see that there should be a problem anyway.

As for the performance, I've never actually tried it vs another exhaust yet. I seem to change the engine more than the exhaust. It will restrict vs a "decent" header & exhaust but I'm not too worried, it ticks most of the boxes for me.