Urgent help in Bournemouth

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benyon

Reaction score
Any Poole/Bournemouth people have an axel nut whacker I can borrow this weekend?

AC000130.jpg

I am in Bournemouth for the bank holiday weekend and my hub seal has failed on my '68 Beetle. I have a breaker bar and a 36mm socket but can't stop the wheel turning :evil: Hoping I can find a kind sole with a 36mm axel nut whacker who can help me out :cry:

Andy

Hi dude,
Can't help with the whacker, but wondered if you'd tried the following to get the wheel to stop spinning:
Let air out of the back tyre?
Get some bods in the back off the bug to weigh it down?
Get someone to stamp on the brake pedal?

Hope you get it sorted...

;)

Cheers J&M

I only have my missus with me n she dont weigh a lot but I've had her standing on the wheel while I have the handbrake yanked on n it didn't make a difference, I could drop the tyre pressure tho...

Will update after lunch, but still looking for a whacker!

Hi, just a thought, im sure n.o.s vw are local to that area, top guys and very helpful, may be worth a call 01258841064

good luck with it mate..........................kev

Got it sorted now, a kind guy in GSF in Poole lent me his socket & breaker bar to get the job done, I was made up!

Funnily enough, I bought the Beetle from Wimbourne and it has a NOSVW sticker in the back window but its about half an hour from here and thats if I could drive there! Currently my engine is on the floor, the gearbox has no oil and I am getting the bus/walking everywhere!

if you ever need any help/advise iam only a phone call away ,

simon 01258 841064

http://www.nosvw.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

p.s dont forget to bring your bug to http://www.vdubatthepub.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers Simon

Think I have a receipt with your name on, rebuilt the handbrake or something sometime over winter

Pearlescent white used to live in Wimbourne...
1540474-1.jpg

Was looking at V Dubs at the Pub but not sure we're around that weekend, would have been good tho if we were. If plans change would love to come along...

Andy

Hi I am in Ferndown and work for a Local recovery company and my truck is always has my tools on borad just ring if in trouble if i can help i will

Dale

Latest posts