• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***SOLD***SOLD***SOLD***

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shmoo

Reaction score
SOLD - DEPOSIT ACCEPTED

Some of you know 'might' know me and my bus from Santa Pod or VZI, hello if you do :D

Here's the bus in action at Santa Pod:

This bus was built on the motto "buy once-buy right" and luckily, through the two years of build I had the funds available to buy everything it needed to make it what it is today. I am the first registered UK owner of the bus which I bought from Kieft en Klok in October 2007 as a LHD Californian import.

I have a full build diary on VZI detailing literally hundreds of hours work The Beast - My 1969Tin-Top Deluxe Bay...The Build Diary Continues.... it's open, honest, no holds barred, ups and downs and you can see exactly what you're getting for your money with no hidden problems that you'll regret finding out about later on down the line. PLEASE NOTE: if you do check out the build diary, it shows my previous engine, this was replaced with the engine below when I stopped racing and wanted an engine to go on our European travels, sit all day long at 60-70mph without fail....plus...the 2276 was too expensive to run.

Firstly the engine spec (I have no idea what any of this means - it was kindly written up by my brother) :?

2054cc type 1 engine
As41 case
Chromoly head studs
74mm 4140 crank x 94mm Mahle P&B
Chromoly head studs
CB Unitech "I" beam rods
Engle 120 cam/ CB straight cut gears
Scat lifters
Lightened flywheel 8 dowel
hromoly gland nut
30mm alum oil pump
Mahle piston kit w/teflon buttons
Steve Tims 40x35 ported/polished heads
Scat solid shafts w/Scat swivel foot adjusters
55amp alternator
Pertronix billet distributor
44 IDF Webers/port matched manifolds

Photographs taken today of the engine bay:

Rebuilt gearbox, 4.57 ring and pinion conversion ,super beetle gear stack, 0.82 4th gear, including a chro mo super diff,the best/strongest cruising gearbox for a bay (yes, better than a 2.0l 6 rib) over £1k on its own without the superdiff
CSP shifter
Custom Speedshop merged header and stainless muffler
Custom engine bar to allow the above to fit
Rebuilt drive shafts with rebuilt CV's
Spax adjustable shocks all round
Billet wide 5 vented front disk brake conversion, all new bearings and seals
Re-built braking system inc master cylinder and all hoses
Creative engineering narrowed beam with rebuilt ball joints
Engine is full flowed with large oil cooler

Front!

Back

Side step - never seen one of these anywhere else.....the devil's in the detail!

Interior - full width rock-n-roll bed

I have a pile of spare / replacement floor tiles to go with the bus if you wanted to change the floor design!

Faux leather interior - some of the material has come off the lower door panel (shown in pic below) through general wear n tear, lots of camping trips etc

From the early days.....rolled on to the side for the undercoat protection: First pic shows the bus just jetwashed off...

Second pic shows the first coat of undercoat:

Third pic shows the top coat of paint / sealer:

Exhaust fitted:

I could sit and post photographs all night long...but...the build diary is 38 pages long, if you really want to know about this bus and it's history...grab a coffee and some biscuits and be prepared for everything you need to know and more!

It's taken me two years to reach the decision to let the bus go...a day I never thought I would see..... but....onto pastures new.

I've probably missed a thousand and one important things!! Any questions, please ask :D

Looking for £14,000 OVNO I am not in a hurry to let it go, I have received a few 'cash for quick sale' offers which I have gracefully declined. It will sell when it sells and then I will start to look for our next exciting project, until the right offer comes along I will continue to enjoy the bus :)

If you're reading this advert - the bus is still for sale...the moment I accept a deposit or payment in full...I will remove the advert (I am very efficient like that :D )

Based in Newcastle under Lyme

8)
very nice EB
can you give a link to your restoration post ?

MOD EDIT - Here you go ...

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=426893&highlight=the+schmoo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flat4power said:
8)
very nice EB
can you give a link to your restoration post ?

MOD EDIT - Here you go ...

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=426893&highlight=the+schmoo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you, much appreciated :D I didn't think I would be allowed to post links

dobbojayne said:
hi ,you still got the bus ? thanks .
Hi, yes it's still available, tucked away nicely in the garage. If you need any further info, please PM me, thanks

Is that a project 1 breather in the back of your engine bay?

CIMG6866.jpg

Hi, I'm sorry but I don't know what type of breather it is? my brother did all of the work on the bus, I'm afraid just drive it, clean it and wax it...the extent of my knowledge is checking the oil, filling it with petrol and pumping up the windscreen washers...oh and waxing it...LOTS :?

67lowandloud said:
are you interested in P/EX's?
Mike

Hi Mike - I'm afraid the only thing I'll be looking for once the bus is sold is a 1950's bull-nose chevvy pick up, but I am very..very..fussy and I know it'll take a long time to find what I'm looking for. Thanks for asking though :D

I'd just like to say a big thank you to earlybay for helping with the advert and creating a link to the build diary. I've had lots of messages about the bus and know it is going to a good home which makes me very happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts