Urgent help please - can I use a 12v choke in a 6v carb?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin & Muttley

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a sale pending on the Solex 30PICT-1 carb I've been looking for - but it's a 6v model and I need to know if my 12v choke can be swapped over without any further modifications.

Is anyone able to confirm this for me???

many thanks

Juss

;)

not sure but i think the internal metal spring may be different i know the fuel shut off will need changing if it helps i have a 12 volt choke on a pict 34 the chokes the same if you need it let me know and you can have postage only the carb itself is knacked but i will use it for spares hope this helps :mrgreen:

gee said:
not sure but i think the internal metal spring may be different i know the fuel shut off will need changing if it helps i have a 12 volt choke on a pict 34 the chokes the same if you need it let me know and you can have postage only the carb itself is knacked but i will use it for spares hope this helps :mrgreen:
sorry pal just read again if youre converting the carb to 12 volt from 6 then i dont see a problem if the choke unit looks the same 12volts to12 no worries 12 to 6 its gonna burn it out just make sure the housing are the same hope this helps :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help - I'm quite happy to put the 12v choke from my current carb onto the new 6v carb, I just wanted to check that it's a straight swap over job!
cheers
Justin

;)

Latest posts