USB 2007

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Anyone thinking of trying their bus down the drag strip this year.......ultimate street bays welcomes you..........new website coming soon..... :D

As soon as it stops bloody raining i'll get my motor back in and do some miles,hopefully heading down the strip at Big Bang,fingers crossed :twisted:

thats my plan too,everyone should have a go as im sick of getting thrashed by tuned beetles and buggies! :(
it makes a better race with other vans! (and i mite win one) :D

vwvanman0 said:
thats my plan too,everyone should have a go as im sick of getting thrashed by tuned beetles and buggies! :(
it makes a better race with other vans! (and i mite win one) :D
what are your engine plans?
just being nosey (and weighing up the competition lol :mrgreen: )

I think that Bruce on here will be giving it a bash this year. Hes got a 1835 with straight cut gears etc. His van is like a blinking rocket ship, over 80 brake I think.

Broom broom! :lol:

I would love to give it a go, but would probably make an ass of meself and crunch me van up! would rather sit and watch all you guys doing it, whilst drinking a beer! :roll:

yea i miss the drinking if i race all day but you just have to make up for it by drinking lots more later on!
i always thought like you,then i had a go and now im hooked,keep waiting for my van to let go but its all been good so far! :) try it you might like it!

vwvanman0 said:
nothing special,just a 1641,rebuilt with a new cam,going to put some twin 36's on it too,whats going in yours?

mate built a 1776 for me at the right price(cheap cheap) and bolting Renault 5 turbo stuff onto it,all ebay stuff so price is right (read tight wad lol),just hoping for reasonable power without breaking the bank,just dying to give it a go down the strip,never tried before so should be a laugh

kevdonlon said:
vwvanman0 said:
nothing special,just a 1641,rebuilt with a new cam,going to put some twin 36's on it too,whats going in yours?

mate built a 1776 for me at the right price(cheap cheap) and bolting Renault 5 turbo stuff onto it,all ebay stuff so price is right (read tight wad lol),just hoping for reasonable power without breaking the bank,just dying to give it a go down the strip,never tried before so should be a laugh

vwvanman, you just described my engine, aside from its 1679 (engle 110 cam) and I'm yet to purchase and fit twins (but they should be fitted by showtime) - do you reckon that yours can do a qualifying pass? I always assumed there was no point even bothering in mine. I'm not having a sly dig, just interested :)

kev, that sounds one mean set up :D

baron said:
kevdonlon said:
vwvanman0 said:

vwvanman, you just described my engine, aside from its 1679 (engle 110 cam) and I'm yet to purchase and fit twins (but they should be fitted by showtime) - do you reckon that yours can do a qualifying pass? I always assumed there was no point even bothering in mine. I'm not having a sly dig, just interested :)

kev, that sounds one mean set up :D

Depends on weight of your bus, BHP, gearing etc dude......
Its all good fun and the more the merrier........ :)

im not even sure how fast a qualifying pass is?
i just do it for the fun,if you race another van with a similar engine its neck and neck or down to reaction times,gearchanges etc

first couple of years i had a 1641 then had to put a 1600 in,still raced even though it was slower,id love to put a porsche engine in,but just dont have the funds,so i say just enjoy what you have! :D

Latest posts