V-Dub island 2012 , 2-6 august

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stufer

Reaction score
V-Dub Island is back for its second year on the Isle of Wight.

The Island’s original VW show returns this year with a Caribbean Christmas fancy dress theme.

The family-friendly event is just £25 for a weekend camping ticket, and offers free tickets for children under 14, so the whole family can come and enjoy a weekend of the best in entertainment and hundreds of classic aircooled and watercooled VWs.

Alongside the event’s show and shine, auto jumble, cooking in a camper, sound-off and other VW related attractions is the best in music and other entertainments with a headlining set from Dub Pistols and another fantastic headliner to be announced next week. The event also features a massive Isle of Wight shaped beach with hundreds of buckets and spades so you can relax with a pint of specially-brewed local Dubweiser or Bugweiser ale surrounded by great music and even better VWs.

The V-Dub Grub café will stock the best in local produce, and play host to Wine and Beer Tastings across the weekend.

The event also features a drive-out through the Island’s beautiful countryside which leads to a surf competition set against the spectacular backdrop of The Needles.

For more info join the community page at http://www.facebook.com/vdubisland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, follow us on Twitter @vdubisland and visit the website at http://www.v-dubisland.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Hi Stu,
we can't wait to get back to the Isle of Wight for Dub Island.
We had a F#ckin fabulous time last year, it was awsome, great bands, great location,
great weather good food and lots of booze. All in all a great weekend.
We will see you and all of the IOW Damage crew in August.
Bob and Kym,
DAMAGE in the Mainland :D

Hi Bob and Kym,
Really looking forward to it this year and seeing all the croydon crew partying with us, hopefully see you before that we'll be at volksworld all weekend and big bang for starters.
Gonna be a busy year!

We are thrilled to announce BBC Radio 1's Rob Da Bank as Sunday night headliner! See the website for more details! http://www.v-dubisland.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Stay till monday and enjoy sunday night headline set from RDB 8)

Booked tickets this evening! Ferry tickets giving 8 days on the island, 4 nights camping, 3 nights music, plus all the other show stuff for a smidge over £100? Couldn't afford not to; summer hols sorted!

Let's all get on with the sun-dancing ok? ;)

Just booked my tickets and ferry travel for this!! 8)
So anyone else on here recently booked and making the trip across??

Travelling down on Thursday from Leamington spa for a 1.0pm ferry. Anyone else on the road down the M40 and A34 for a meet.

Drum brakes so give me half hour warning :evil:

We're setting off on Monday; three nights down near Compton Bay before heading back up to the showground on Thursday. Tomorrow is van-packing day, all quite exciting now!

Gearing up for this now. Having my bus serviced and new vintagespeed quickshift gear stick fitted tomorrow or Monday latest. Setting off around midday on the Thursday, catching the 5 o,clock ferry from Southampton. Should arrive there for around 6ish all being well.
Cannot wait!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

I'd like to go as so near but doesn't fit my other half's time off work. Looks good, I can vouch for the DJ talents of Miss Chelle, Nipsy and Kaf Tan .... Play some great old style soul, funk, reggae/ska etc!

Just back. Our first show away as a family in the camper, and what a great time. A really nice friendly small-festival feel to the whole thing, with the added bonus of VWs. Some great music, and the sun-dancing obviously worked! Thanks to all the Damage folks.

Latest posts