Vintage speed exhaust fitting?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharman

Reaction score
Looking for a stainless exhaust and tempted by vintage speed for my twin port 1776,. But it looks like the pipes that connect the exhaust block the heat exchanger to fan housing pipe path. Is this true and if so is there a fix? Cheers.

Just fitted one to mine...fitted great, can connect the heater exchanger hot air cardboard pipes, actually easier than on the single empi bugpack it had before. Best done with rear balance removed, they aren't straight, need to bend around so uses some woven unsulator to stop the cardboard burning through, time will tell if that works.
FYI bought mine through vintage speed website and saved loads compared to heritage on not paying extra on special manifolds needed for the single carb preheat pipe.
Took a couple of weeks to arrive but knew that when I bought it.
Well packed for shipping when arrived. Used some exhaust paste on fitting as recommended.
Bit louder than single bugpack on tick over possibly quieter on motorway.

Cheers pal, I'll give em at vintage. Was also interested in JK quiet exhaust, but think that might hang lower which may scrape on my lowered camper.

The JK hangs very low, I fitted one and it scraped so ended up swapping for a VS for lowered vans, fits a treat. I contacted vintagedan and had the exhaust 24 hrs later, great service.

I fitted one to my 1776 crossover and it is a much better fit than the EMPI header with single Bugpack that I had on before. It sits way higher so much less chance of scraping. Engine note is bassier and more pleasing, to my ears at least.

It's a really well put together bit of kit but the one beef I do have is that it leaves soot on your bumper, as the exit is so close to it. Its exactly the same on my mate's one and we both have the "side exit" pipe, not the "hideaway" version. A litte extra length on the outlet pipe might have prevented this and I seem to recall someone doing a mod to their's to fix exactly this problem.

Still pleased with it overall!

Cheers guys, rand Dan at Vintage Speed and I'll probably end up buying one. He's got 90 units available for volksworld show, so hopefully have one spare afterwards. Roll on payday!

Latest posts