• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vw 1974 bay window fully restored for sale !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie301

Reaction score
Hello, very sad to see this go ! ONO £19950

VW T2 1974 bay window camper van for sale. (Pop-top) 1.6L air cooled engine.
Very very reluctant to sell this camper... I have put my blood, sweat and tears into restoring her over the last 18 month.

She has had absolutely no expenses spared on the full restoration as was planning on keeping her myself. Between myself (which I work on articulated lorries) and my friend who is an expert VW classic van restorer we have really made an excellent job on the camper.

There are allot of bad classic campers being sold for more than their value, however this one is worth every penny and is safe to say one of the best for sale online in the uk in regards to the work that's been done.

Full list of restoration:

Full reconditioned engine with all original ancillaries. (Only done a few thousand miles)
Brand new fuel tank and all ancillaries. (Runs very clean).
New clutch and flywheel.
Full set of brand new brakes, pads, brake lines and reconditioned drums.
Good quality Tyres with loads of tread (nearly new).

Brand new suspension.
Lots of good quality welding and and whole heap of new jacking rigging points, cross members sills etc. This camp is
solid !( Pictures to prove)

Electrics have all been re-wired by a professional auto electrician.
12v leisure battery (a big one) and 24v electrical hook up with marine quality fuse box ( the one they use in boats).
New set of door locks, rear door lock and sliding door lock.

New blue spray paint in royal blue. This was done around 3 months ago.
Reconditioned pop top roof which has been re-fibreglass. Absolutely no leaks and water tight.
Brand new set of window seals, door seals and engine seals.

Brand new SMEV sink with gas stove and water supply.
New mini fridge with 12v/24v supply.
Newly fitted solid wood interior all varnished and sealed. laminated floor.

Newly upholstered rock and roll bed seat cushions.
Newly upholstered front driver and passenger seats.
New set of cab carpets.
New set of curtains ( slightly dark but easier changed ).
New seat belts.

Not one inch of rust on this camper. It is solid inside and out and drives and runs like a dream. I have not driven a better camper and am truly sad to see this go.
I am in the Air Force and being posted overseas so it has to go unfortunately.

This camper is tax free and has around 7 month on the M.O.T but if sold at the right price would happily put a 12 month sticker on her.

Just being completely honest here there are a few tiny imperfections with the bodywork which you can hardly notice but after all it's a 74 camper and not a show piece.

Will come with all accessories if wanted.

Regards Ollie

Latest posts