• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vw camper cross over bay window tin top 1972 tax exempt

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave subs

Reaction score
Email [email protected] for pics

07971958531 dave

Hi, Sadly I have to sell my 1972 cross over early bay window 1.6 cc as was made reduntant and I thought I would of been in work by now as a bench joiner but unfortunately not, so very regrettably I have no choice but to put her up for sale, I bought the bus for me and my son for days out and camping we love the bus and enjoyed it very much just recently it's had

Complete full service kit fitted from just campers
All fitted by garage
So new plugs leads rotar arm dizzy cap gaskets etc
Tappets set
Engine and carb set up runs great and efficiently
New genuine vw thermostate
All serviced ready to enjoy
New electronic ignition fitted
New empi alloys and tyres
Red 9 ez front end lowering kit with coil overs that are adjustable
Complete new custom front beam
Lowered all round, great over speed bumps no problems
New battery and earth strap
New genuine vw early bay front and rear bumpers
New back light lenses

No expense been spared as this was planned to keep her absolute gutted to say the least

Tax exempt so free tax
Shows tax til June

Mot til October

Have lots of history with the bus reciepts of work done and old tax discs and lots of old mots

Hip clear but feel free to check yourself

Has insurance approaved alarm and immobiliser

Fits into normal garage so easy to store

Has CD player and new speakers front and rear sounds great

Door panels and front interior redone in cream leather cloth

Engine is standard 1.6 but has uprated inlet with twin choke webber and updated after market exhaust, not loud you can drive comfortably and it's nice and quite inside

Has double rock n roll bed

When bed is not being used it seats three in back with bench seat and seat belts, also behind drivers seat is another single seat with seat belt, both have lots of storage room as well, there is plenty of room in the back of the van very practicle does not have any cupboards or appliances fitted just rock n roll bed

Spare wheel neatly installed inside back of bed with a cover

This bus drives real nice as its 1972 I thought wouldn't be that nice but its proved me wrong think its because off all the new upgraded front end on her.

Condition wise over all the bus is great, I recommend viewing, wen you get here there is no nasty surprises, it really is a good solid bus, it does have some small rust bubbles in some areas but nothing majour, it's fairly straight with no bad dents or ripples for a bus I was very impressed how straight the panels were its a very original bus I would say quite hard to find in this fair good condition and this is the main reason I bought it as I know it would last. Paint work wise it's good but not show concours ! However a very clean solid bus
Over all is very very clean, has rare vented genuine window too.
I looked at a few campers before buying this and they were rotten in so many places, endless days were wasted travelling and looking at buses that were a huge dissapointment, I was so happy when I found this and I bought her straight away, so gutted I have to sell her needles to say I'm not popular with my son for this decision !!

These bumpers are the early round type not the later square type ones ! These are much better looking, speedo cable has I think snapped but I will try get it replaced ASAP but was working and everything else works as it should

Latest posts