walk through to bench seat..?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDL69

Reaction score
Just seen a fantastic looking early bay with front bench seat. Being totally novice here....but is there a way of converting my '71 walk through into a bench seat bus (is there some kind of bulkhead kit available to do this..?)

Please don't accuse me of sacriledge..! Just love the bench seat look. :?

Hi. VW did an option for a 2/3 seat instead of the single passenger seat called M501 Option Kit. it basically consisted of 3 parts, a back plate that bridged the 2 bulkheads, with a catch for the middle end of the seat, and two bars that bridged the seat bases with catches for the seat. I'll try and dig out some pics or a link. be aware though that these kits are like rocking horse sh*t! also a decent 2/3 seat will set you back a bit too! Hope that helps? Nick

Here you go

Shamelessly pinched from here there and everywhere so apologies to the owners! :D

2847086.jpg

2847087.jpg

2847642.jpg

2847643.jpg

2847644.jpg

2847645.jpg

2847646.jpg

2847647.jpg

These last two were on a for sale link here recently but I can't find it!
DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

Went for 200-250 I think?

The bluebirds not a patch on the OG option, just be aware that the person in the middle will get in the way of the gearstick but for two up front it makes for good sprawling space and well comfy when parked up on the seafront and your little un wants to jump up front with you.....

I've got the 2/3 1/3 seats and have made a homebrew fitting kit although seriously considering my options.
My seats might be for sale soon, not promising anything as i need to find something to replace them with.

I'd love the evolution splitty seat that flips over. Very versatile!

Try JGE/Java , they had an OG kit for sale recently.

Ive had a non walkthough, and they are rubbish to live with camping wise!

the bulkhead 2/3 1/3 seat set up in a camper is absolutely vantastic.Being able to have your missus and your first kid up front all together is priceless.Just get a remote control stereo changer thingie too! as doing starsky and hutch every 30 mins gets a bit boring.Chillin in the front is a dream too ;)

scott wilson said:
the bulkhead 2/3 1/3 seat set up in a camper is absolutely vantastic.Being able to have your missus and your first kid up front all together is priceless.Just get a remote control stereo changer thingie too! as doing starsky and hutch every 30 mins gets a bit boring.Chillin in the front is a dream too ;)

Hello Mr Wilson...
You don't happen to have one of these do you..?

Kind regards

Latest posts