• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted 1600 tp engine,

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robster

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking for a 1600tp engine, long block or turn key, gotta be cheap and in fair condition, don't mind a few oil leaks, to fit a bay so ideally needs to have block drilled for support bar but not the end of the world if it hasn't. Also after a 34 pict3 carb if engine is not a turn key.

Cheers, Rob

I got what you need carb and long block you can have them for £500 actually I probably have nearly every thing for a turn key. Picking up my new 1776 twin dells tomorrow so taking the engine out of my van this weekend I may need a few bits of tin for the new one.

Cool thanks I'll be in touch over the weekend, basically I thought my engine was knackered but found out its just one of the twin carbs gone, depends on which is cheaper, new set of carbs or your engine. Where are you?

robster said:
Hi i'm looking for a 1600tp engine, long block or turn key, gotta be cheap and in fair condition, don't mind a few oil leaks, to fit a bay so ideally needs to have block drilled for support bar but not the end of the world if it hasn't. Also after a 34 pict3 carb if engine is not a turn key.

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,
I'm pulling mine tomorrow morning, its a turnkey Mexico engine about 10 years old. It has external oil cooler and filter. It works with no problems The lot is yours for £400. I'm in Dorset.

LV :D

Lordain Volley said:
robster said:

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,
I'm pulling mine tomorrow morning, its a turnkey Mexico engine about 10 years old. It has external oil cooler and filter. It works with no problems The lot is yours for £400. I'm in Dorset.

That would be perfect if you were a bit closer, with work commitments at the moment I can't see that I can get down to pick it up, I will definitely keep it mind though, thank you LV

If Robster is not interested i may have an interest but dont want to step on Robsters toes.
i could pop round and have a look at the weekend. is it a bay engine (drilled fo rthe support bar) ????
Thanks
Dave

robster said:
Lordain Volley said:
robster said:

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,

That would be perfect if you were a bit closer, with work commitments at the moment I can't see that I can get down to pick it up, I will definitely keep it mind though, thank you LV

robster said:
Lordain Volley said:
robster said:

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,

No problem, Your are a bit of a distance away! If you don't get sorted give me a shout.
LV

Latest posts