• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: any condition steering wheel - buy or loan?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm after a steering wheel to keep me mobile whilst mine is restored, not fussed about condition.
Or if someone has one to loan me that would work as well.

Thanks

Mags

If you can't find one more local to you I'll try and find my old one so you could have it on loan.

When do you need one?

OK, thanks. No rush, I'm using mine but would like to get it restored within the next couple of months. Will see if anything else come up closer.
Would you be willing to post it at my cost?

yes - let me know if you've no luck and I'll get searching

Marriedblonde said:
I've got one you can borrow - I am based in Southampton or corby during the week if you are out and about at all?

J.

Cool, I could get down to Southampton one weekend if that's OK?

aogrady said:
I know it's a old thread, but I have a spare steering wheel you can borrow if you want?

Alistair
Thanks, yes I've never managed to arrange to get down to Southampton to borrow the one from marriedblonde. Do you have one you can post?

Mags said:
aogrady said:
I know it's a old thread, but I have a spare steering wheel you can borrow if you want?

Alistair
Thanks, yes I've never managed to arrange to get down to Southampton to borrow the one from marriedblonde. Do you have one you can post?
I'll see where it is, should be in the garage somewhere. I don't mind packing it, and I'll let you know how much postage is. I did lend it out to someone a while back, so it should be hiding around somewhere

Alistair

aogrady said:
Mags said:
aogrady said:

Alistair
I'll see where it is, should be in the garage somewhere. I don't mind packing it, and I'll let you know how much postage is. I did lend it out to someone a while back, so it should be hiding around somewhere

Alistair

Cool, thanks.

Mags

I have one in Carshalton, near Sutton, if you want to borrow it and is easier than Alistair's offer?

Al

That's handy - I've not found where it is yet dude!!

Let me know if you still need it, I'll need to empty the garage, it's in there somewhere........

Cheers,

Alistair

Not trying to put a dampener on it or anything. Might be worth a look to see if there is a difference in the years / models of the steering wheels. I might be wrong but I think the splines changed about 71 / 72 which would lead you to believe that a pre 72 might not fit an earlier one, should be easy enough to check out with a supplier or a manual, perhaps Ed (VWED) would know.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ed knows most things :mrgreen:

Steering wheel changed at chassis # 214 2164 059, circa April 1974.
Part number of early is 211 415 651 D, late is 651 E.

Latest posts