• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: not the usual sunvisor clip

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L 282

Reaction score
Right then here goes.

Im after a replacement for my broken sunvisor clip but it is not like the ones everyone sells. My 70 is blessed with the original visors that are in good nick. Its a RHD and the drivers visor will unclip at the rear view mirror end so you can swing it round to stop the sun dazzling you through the side window. You cannot do this with the passenger side visor and this is because the little clip near the rear view mirror is, like, totally different. Instead of the little shaft that connects the clip to the visor being part of the visor, as it is on the drivers side, the little shaft is part of the clip. Thats the one I need. All repro sunvisors available have the little shaft in the visor, so the parts places only sell the clips with the slot for the shaft to clip into. Anyone got one of these lying about, not only will it keep the van that little bit original, it'll save me having to replace both sunvisors.
Heres hoping. :shock:

Stewart

Hi i think i spoke to you earlier i have asked a mate in germany he might have one he will look for me and try to help
thanks chris vw emporium. :p

i think ive got one in my box of bits let me know if you still need one

is this the bit your after????if it is and if you havent allready got 1 you can have it.send me your address

P1000755.jpg

strongy said:
is this the bit your after????if it is and if you havent allready got 1 you can have it.send me your address

P1000755.jpg

Thats the clip for the "swinging" type of sunvisor, im after the clip/bracket for the side that doesn't unclip. It hasn't got the slot that the little shaft in the visors clips into, instead the little shaft is part of the clip. I may try to put up a picture of the broken clip, if I can get photobucket sorted.

Ta anyway.

Stewart

Don't quite know what you mean, Strongy. It's not the bracket at the outside ends of the visors. Its made of the same plastic as the one in your picture and is mounted at the rear view mirror end of the visor. I think maybe it's a panel van thing, Volkswagen probably made them with only one moveable visor out of utility, passengers in panels not being as important as those in microbuses, the idea was probably short-lived maybe because they realised it was more expensive to produce 2 different clips and sunvisors. Just guessing though.

Stewart

Bristol volkfest is the best. Sunshine every year, loads of great vehicles, top atmosphere, autojumble......

Bingo :mrgreen:
DSC03489.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

Not the usual sunvisor clip. :D :D :D :D
If anyone has one of these they would like to get rid of, I am now after a spare. :shock:

Stewart

Latest posts