• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - rear spring plate

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisearlybay

Reaction score
I'm looking for a standard rear spring plate for my '70 bay, although I would consider a pair of lowered or adjustable plates if the price is right.
I'm on the Essex/Kent border next to the Dartford crossing (Essex side) so anything local would be handy but happy to pay reasonable postage costs.

Chris

I may have two off a early 69 will have to have a dig in my garage, will let you know maybe tomorrow
Q: do you want the rubber donuts
Q: are you going to Busfest i could take them if you are

Vinvan

Vinvan
I don't need the doughnuts thanks, I have tried replacing them with new ones, as well as a new hub and bearings and wheel still has bad camber so hoping it's a problem with the spring plate.
How much you looking for?
Not going Busfest but might know someone who is?

Chris

Hi Chris
I have come across your problem before,so dont buy the spring plates yet, you need to check the bushing in the swing arms, they may look fine but get them replaced and see if it cures your camber problem, don't want you to spend money when you don't have to
If you have no joy with the bushing please PM me and we can sort something out about the spring plates
not sure where you can get new bushes may be one of the big boys JK, C&C, Schofields

Hope this helps

Rob (Vinvan)

Latest posts