Westy Height

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bay dreamer

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Can anyone point me in the right direction for some info on the dimensions of an early westfalia pop top ? In particular i need to know the exact height with the roof closed.I'm submitting a planning application tomorrow for a garage which hopfully in the not to distant future will house a nice old camper.Do you garage your westy and does if fit through the door ok ? Any help appreciated Thanks

Hi there.
With stock suspention and the spare tyre on the rear cargo deck, I had to swap my up and over door for a roller shutter door. Have about 2" clearance.
Hope this helps :D :D

are you riding stock height suspension

I don't own a van at the moment but i need to know i can fit one in the new garage in the future.I intend to put a roller door rather than an up and over door.

Thanks for the input guys

Mines a 68 pop top. It's 200cm floor to highest part of roof, standard wheels and tyres, But it's been lowered a spline at the back and a bit more at the front.

If it helps, the garage aperture is 210cm - It fitted in this when at standard height with an up and over door. The seal / trim did catch on the garage lock mechanism, but it was a graze rather than a smack, so I learnt to live with it.

Hope this helps - though I'm not sure I'd be basing my plans on it f it was me!

Latest posts