Westy roof rack revamp : )

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemur

Reaction score
Some Pics of how I've kept out of the shi*e weather :(

Thought I'd tidy the roof rack up before it goes back on..following the resto like..
This included..
*new seal (plus sneaky non-standard one around inside)
*full prep n paint in cloud white.. Thanks to my man "Tonicman" :D
*original roof bars replaced with 18mm sapele hardwood latts.. sanded and clear coated twice.
*re-chrome hook/bracket thingys

I'm sure its not to everyones taste and nor am I the 1st to do it.. but chuffed I am :party0009:

take a butchers,,

S73F1843_zps647b691f.jpg

S73F1844_zps47448158.jpg

S73F1842_zps804e6936.jpg

S73F1846_zpsa22df22b.jpg

Will drop some pics of the new ww canvas too when i fit the rack,getting excited now!

Very nice, good job. I have looked at mine recently and wondered what to do with it.

NellyM said:
Very nice, good job. I have looked at mine recently and wondered what to do with it.
Heebee_GB said:
Love it. Where did you get the seals from?

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

HeeBeeGB..had the seal left over from another project but found you some on flea bay,pretty common place http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STD-Black-Car-EDGE-TRIM-SEAL-Interior-Exterior-PVC-Rubber-Van-Boat-Truck-/220946295540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33716ceaf4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NellyM...yeah I felt the same,not really many options is there, thinking about keeping the spare up there with some vintage leather strapping etc....

Cheers
Lemur

we have them but they are well rusty, would be ok with some work though

Latest posts